Monday, November 3, 2008

So, What Else Is New?

So, my last two posts were my regular confused efforts at posting a new post, and of course my computer skills obviously showed up. But the fact is I really am sick. Sick, sick, sick. Michelle gave me her cold which stopped me from having surgery. Which was a good thing since I am so sick.



I'm also sick of all the politics. So I am glad tomorrow is the election. I seriously fear for our country and the constitution if Obama wins. I'm sure he's going to make great effort to destroy our first and second amendment rights. Our first amendment rights will be destroyed by the 'Fairness Doctrine' which will be promoted in the congress to stop conservative talk show hosts. Our second amendment rights will be destroyed by confiscating every body's guns, leaving us without means to protect ourselves. And then to top it all off, he's suggesting an addition to the constitution stating what rights you have from the government, or in other words what the government should do for you, like the right to be provided with a home, a job, health care, etc. all to be paid by the government. That means the hard-working people in America who are not on welfare, who are not illegal, who believe that government doesn't owe us anything, except life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. (ownership of property)

Karla sent this cartoon around, and I thought it was a perfect depiction of what Obama will do, at the very least.




On a positive note (I can't leave this negative) tomorrow we get to vote. I'll be one day closer to getting better. We'll be one day closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas. And one day closer to surgery. Yea (;)) surgery!!

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Yeah I am sick of politics too. I cannot wait for tomorrow. All i know is this I am not voting for either of them and I am going to vote for another party.
YAY for freedom and choices. Only if people realized they have more power than just voting for those two brilliant peeps.
:D Luf ya and hope you get better soon and fast.

ems said...

Wow I feel so uplifted!!! I guess if Obama wins we have more of these uplifting emails to look forward to huh? :)

I do hope you feel better. I loved your last to posts, they are my favorite!

Lub-lubs