Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Post by Commitee

We're sitting here at the Care Center with Mom (Corilee) Jenn S. Steve, Chelle, Jenni S. and Joe-joe. (I realize now that both Jenn's have S. for their last name, so to distinguish between the two, Jenn is Aunt Jenn, and Jenni is Niece Jenni.)

Mom says "Each of you need to say some cute thing."

Steve says "some cute thing."

Mom says "Hmph Geez steve!"

Jenn says "I can't think of anything cute, except for Jenni and Joe-joe."

Jenni says "we should say 'I love you'."

Chelle reads what everyone has said aloud so everyone knows what the post says.

So here's an update about the surgery- (Corilee/mom talking)

The first three days after surgery I was totally out of it because of the anesthetic. Jenn asks "How did you feel at the hospital. Mom says- I felt pain in my hip but it wasn't too bad. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I enjoyed eating the food they made, mainly because I didn't have to cook it. Steve says he's enjoyed not having to do the dishes. Jenn said on Saturday after many long strugglings, and wandering in the wilderness, they finally moved mom to the care center. Mom says in the care center, she's noticed a noticeable lack in the quality of food, but its not too bad. I still don't have to cook it.

They keep forgetting to bring me salt and pepper, so one day when I specifically asked if they would please remember to bring me salt and pepper one of the aides brought me my own salt and pepper shaker, which we keep in the top drawer of the night stand (in case you're visiting and you want some- Steve says.) We had to bring our own TV so mom didn't DIE of boredom.

Thankfully the therapy is going very well. Its very strenuous, which is good. The pain pills knock me out. After they give me pain pills they zonk me out for the next 4 hours. So I'm going to ask for less strong pain pills, which may mean more strong pain, but we'll see. They've also given me all kinds of attachments to get my clothes on with. It's called a hip kit. I can get dressed by myself now. It's very difficult, but they say once I get over the learning curve I'll want them always by my side. Other than that everything is going great (Steve says "all is well in Zion") I highly recommend hip replacement surgery for those who are having hip pain.

So, they will probably be sending mom home on Tuesday, but we will get to bring her home for a couple of hours on Thanksgiving. If you want to visit her she's at the Heritage Care Center in American Fork. She'd love visitors!!
Here's the address:

Heritage Care Center
350 E 300 N
American Fork

For security reasons I'm not going to put the room # here. Just ask for mom when you get there.

1 comment:

nora.lakehurst said...

I am glad you are doing better. I hope we get to see you for a little bit tomorrow. I thought that is why we were going to have dinner there for you to be there. But it seems you wont be there :( Well I hope you get better fast.