Monday, November 17, 2008

Full, FULL, Day

Everything is coming all at once today. My tooth still aches so the root canal is definitely on at sometime today. My home teacher (who is also my optometrist) visited us yesterday and offered to do an eye exam today at 9:00 a.m. so that I could get my glasses fixed before surgery, so that is on. And Emilee called last night and offered to come over and help me get my Christmas tree put up. She and Janice are going to help me do it this afternoon. I wanted to put it up early so I could help and join in the fun because, obviously, I won't be doing anything else this holiday season due to my surgery. So we will be having a Christmas tree at our Thanksgiving dinner. Hope you all don't mind me rushing the season this year. Putting up the tree is one of my very favorite things to do during the holidays so I'm really, really, grateful to Ems and Jan.

Doing all that today will help me pass the time while I wait for this day to pass to get to tomorrow. It will also get my mind off the nervousness I might feel about the surgery. I should be worn out by the end of the day and should sleep well tonight.

I may still be able to go back to bed and get a few more hours of shut eye this morning but if not there are things around the house I want to get done before tomorrow so if I don't sleep it will be good as well.

I could use all the prayers you can give for tomorrow. I could also use a little help over the next couple of weeks (after I get home from the hospital) with light housework. They also suggested that someone be with me everyday during the first week to help me until I am somewhat healed and can get around better. I didn't find this out until yesterday when I read the notes about the surgery. If you girls could work out some sort of schedule so someone could come I would really appreciate it. I'm sure Michelle could be here some days but I don't know what her work schedule is. I will try to make some calls today, at some point, to arrange what I can, but if someone could take it over for me if I don't get it done, it would be a big help.

Thanks, and Much Love,

Mither

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Good luck! You will be in our prayers. And our thoughts, I will try to bring something one time. My arm seems to be doing better.

ems said...

Sorry about the tree situation. Emma was really excited as well, but I guess that's life sometimes.

We have and will continue to pray for you. Good luck!