Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mother

When I left today she looked terrible. Her eyes are all sunken in, she could hardly speak and she was in pain. I stayed longer than I would have had to and they came in and gave her pain medication which eased her somewhat. Jennifer called just a few minutes ago and said she had rallied some and was taking part in the conversation tonight.

This is so hard. I cried all the way home. Jan and Emilee were there when I left so I felt a little better but is is so sad to see her weaken and know she won't be with us much longer.

She has been SUCH a good Mother.

3 comments:

skeltd said...

It will be all good Corilee. Just think of when she is gone she will be so happy. So proud of you and all of her children being there with her while you are all so busy with your own life. I will pray for you and your mom to have peace and the Lord will take her soon.

Unknown said...

She's just so tough! If you're anything like your mother I don't think that you'll achieve your "goal" of living to exactly 72.

Corilee said...

Who is Skeltd?