Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bad news warning. You may not want to read this post.

So I've had a bad time with the fibro Friday afternoon and night and then again all day on Saturday. Hummm. I am needing to be so careful lately about what I do. I hardly went out at all last week and still had trouble. Then to top it all off, Dad was told on Friday that he is going to have to take a week off every month for six months without pay. On top of that (on top of the top?) Steve and Michelle broke one of the big windows in the garage. Now we have white poster paper taped up to keep the cold air out and Steve couldn't get the blinds to go all the way down on that window so it looks even tackier than ever.

So there must be something good that I can write about..... Hummmm again.

Steve got a job. YAAAAAAAY STEVE AND MICHELLE (sorry to steal your thunder, Michelle, but you didn't mention it so I figured I would.) Michelle can fill you in on all the details in her next post.

YAAAAAY for us.... We finally got our couch delivered and I am much happier than I thought I would be with how the room looks. I really like the way we have the furniture arranged and am glad I decided not to buy a coffee table because it would make the room look too crowded. I still want to buy a rug and I have the money saved for it. Actually, its the money I have been saving for a new bedspread but I think I want the rug more and with the cut back in our pay, I'm pretty sure it will be quite a while before I can save enough for both. Hummm. I'm going to have to give it more thought to decide for sure which I want most.

So, maybe I'll put it to a vote. Tell me in your comments which you think I should get first.

I just thought of another good thing. It's possible that our house insurance would pay to get the broken window fixed. Wow, that makes me feel really good.

I've thought of two other good things. One, I really enjoyed church today. It was so nice to have Joe with me. (I sure hope I die before Joe because I can see I would make a very bad widow. I missed him so much on Sundays when he was at his student ward, I can only imagine how bad I would feel if he were gone for good.) And the second is that the fibro didn't get bad until about 7:00 tonight. I'm am SO blessed to have medication that helps the sickness and pain go away.

Well, at least I ended with some good things so maybe this post wasn't so bad to read after all.

Be sure and vote on the rug or the bedspread.

Hugs to all,

Mither

9 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Oh its not that bad of a blog post. I enjoy reading what people have to go through for the day. you are super and you keep on trucking. I have a couple of friends that said going through that is one of the hardest things. So I cant fathom what you go through but I am glad you like your things, joe at church and HELLO another post about death. Is there something you would like to tell us?

Corilee said...

No unusual news about death. Except, we will die at some point so why not talk about it?

You forgot to vote on the rug or the bedspread.

Flee said...

I think you should spend the money on the rug. It will complete the room! besides, your bedspread that you have now is very nice looking. Of course, that is so me. I always try to get the main entertaining room done to my liking first. (I generally end up not finishing my personal space stuff.) do with that what you will, just a thought.

Unknown said...

let's see... I think I need to replace my bedspread, though i've always wanted an area rug for the living room... Oh, you mean for you? ;) I dunno! Whichever you can't live without worse :P
We have two bedspreads we alternate between and both have stuffing coming out the edges. I think that might mean we need a new one someday.

Stacey said...

Bummer about the pay cut and the broken window.

I'm glad Joe can attend church with you again. :)

I say buy the rug first.

Stacey said...

BTW I don't think that garage window is as tacky as when we had broken blinds and a sheet over our window. Good times.

Jenn said...

I'd say you should buy the rug. I think your bedspread you have now looks great, and more people see the living room than your room--so you'd probably end up liking having the rug out where everyone can see it. That's my vote!

ems said...

Mither, do you remember that first time we went looking for a bedspread? You told me you were going to keep it for a long time. I'm sorry, but 1 year is not a long time. I think you've purchased like 5 different bed spreads since then. For heaven sakes, GIVE UP ON THE BEDSPREAD ALREADY! :)

I vote for the rug!

Lubs!

ems said...

Or better yet, now that I think about it, you could save your money. You are always worried about times getting bad, so why not keep putting money in savings. Then, maybe we won't have our bimonthly conversation about the state of the world and how you want to take your retirement and buy wheat with it. Although, I guess it does give us something to talk about. :) Hee, hee!