Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy birthday to me, and happy funeral as well

So my birthday is actually on the 5th. I'll be 61 years old. My body feels that old and my mind with it's crazy memory (or lack thereof) remind me that I have lost something along the way. Oh well. I can watch movies more than once and be surprised all over again because I don't remember the ending.

And since my long term plan is to die at 72, I suppose I'll lose a few more of my faculties by then and be totally ready to move on to a happier sphere. However, I may be twinkled by then and the whole plan will be moot. Joe totally plans to be twinkled sometime soon, in the next 10 -20 years or so, which if that is the case I may hang on a little longer. I just really don't want to end up having to depend on my children or go into a rest home like Mother.

If I could lose 100 lbs or so it would be easier for my children to take care of me but I still wouldn't want them to have to do it. And if I were to get Alzheimer's I definitely would want to go into a rest home to end out my days. (heaven forbid but it could happen)

I also, don't want any special means to keep me alive if it means a feeding tube or artificial respiration or anything of that nature. If I can't have any quality of life I hope you will all agree to let me die with dignity. And don't let them do an autopsy or donate any of my organs.

My last wish is for you to sell the furniture and divide the proceeds equally among you unless there is something each of you want especially to remind you of us. I hope that will cause no hard feelings or schism in the family. It can happen in the best of families.... I hope it doesn't in our s.

At my funeral I would like the opening song to be P.114 "Come Unto Him," both verses. Then, I would like David, Jonathan, Michael, Adam, or Seth to be the first speaker,(work it out by drawing straws) Then I'd like one of the four girls to speak, drawing straws as well. for a rest hymn I'd like someone to sing the solo "Oh De vine Redeemer." If Jarin Stevens is around ( from the Jacob's Ranch 1st Ward) I'd like him to sing that. Then if Dad is still alive, I'd like him to speak on the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement. Then the Bishop to say a few remarks and end with the hymn "How firm a foundation," singing verses 1, 3, 4, 5, & 7.

I'd like Uncle Joe to dedicate the grave, if he is still living. If not, one of my sons. If possible, at the graveside service I'd like my children and grandchildren to sing "The Sweetheart Tree."

I didn't mean to get into all this but as it came up, it was convenient to write it all out so everyone would know.

So, Happy Day to All,

Mither

9 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Wow Corilee. Ok so you want the boys to speak, dedicate (if joe is dead) grandchildren to sing the "The Sweetheart Tree" and what about us SIL do we get to be involved?
Anyways this is a very strange Happy Birthday moment for you, but its your birthday and you get to do what you want to do. LOL Love you tonz.

Flee said...

Happy birthday Corilee! don't think about death yet. Way too early. Havent' you heard that 61 is the new 51? That's what I hear. Have so much fun today.

Stacey said...

Happy birthday Corilee!

Whaddaya talkin about,you got a lotta years left!

You should have at least one upbeat song at your funeral. If you read Karla's blog,you'll see we are going to sing Funkytown at her funeral. ;)

Corilee said...

You know Stace I didn't think of that. I should have an upbeat song. Maybe all the SIL could sing "Celebrate Good Times" That makes me LOL. :)

Corilee said...

Oh, I forgot the SonsIL's. They could say the opening and closing prayers. On second thought, if I have Daniel say one of the prayers everyone might think he is in a hurry to get me buried as fast as possible.;)

Lubs to you Daniel!

ems said...

LOL x 10!!! Mither you are so funny. I know you weren't trying to be funny in your post, but that is what makes it funny! I also like your comment about Daniel praying! Hee hee! Maybe you will get twinkled and then you will have worried all along for nothing. :) I know, don't tell you not to worry because 99% of the things you worry about never happen. Oh well, happy birthday!

P.S. I had planned to come over tonight and probably even go with you to grandma's tomorrow, but unfortunately, the kids are worse today because I took them out last night. Sorry, it doesn't look like I'll be coming. LUBS!

Steve and Chelle said...

you are not allowed to die just because you don't want to live anymore. thats a dumb reason.

and who knows, your plans may change in the next few years. :)

Unknown said...

I am curious -- why no autopsy or organ donation? I figure I might as well do what my dead body can to bless others. I get it back in perfect form not matter what!

Corilee said...

Autopsy's just seem goulish to me. I just don't want anyone cutting me up like a piece of meat.

I've read several books on near death experiences and was surprised to learn that doctors and nurses who have come back have ALL said they did not want to donate organs, this, even knowing and seeing for themselves the good thay can do for the living. They didn't say why that was important to them, only that that was their decision. There seem to be some reason they felt this was important. That is good enough for me