Saturday, December 6, 2008

Well Joe and I woke up at 5:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I came in to the office to read all the new posts. I loved all those tag posts. I still can't see anyway to "cut and paste" on my tool bar so how do you do it anyway?

My hip is feeling much better this morning. Course I haven't done any pt on it yet so maybe I should wait to report on that. I got grilled chicken salad after my doctors appointment yesterday. Yummmmmm. I wish I didn't feel so funny about going out in public using a walker. I would like to have gone to Costco. I guess it's just as well. By the time my pt therapist came I was hammered and could hardly do the moves she taught me. Some of the moves are so hard to do. I can only raise my leg a couple of inches in some directions. I wonder if I will ever get back to my old self at this rate but she (pt therapist) said it will come. Its only been two weeks so maybe I am expecting too much.

Joe, who said only a month ago that he decided not to buy a gun, went out and bought TWO rifles while I was in the hospital. I need to go out on the firing range to see if I can even use them. The one with a scope was really hard for me to get the cross hairs positioned until Jonathan came last night and showed me how to do it. Even knowing how to do it, it is still hard
to get it right.

Ems I didn't answer your comment about our talk about buying wheat. I know you are repeating yourself with the same answer but don't think they aren't appreciated. I just get so bugged about the way things are going and want to find some relief from the fear. It does help to have someone help me get my head on straight but I sure hope everyone is right about not taking our retirement money to buy wheat. Again, I will pray to have my heart be calmed about all this.

About listening to Glenn Beck, I know it would be better for me not to listen but I can't stand not knowing what is happening in the world so it is a "catch 22" for me. If I don't listen I am concerned (read freaked out) about what is (or might be) happening that I don't know and if I do listen, I get scared and want to do something tangible about it (like buying more wheat so we will have some to share with my children who don't have the money to buy it for themselves.) Try to put yourself in my place, Ems, and think of what you would want to do if (as adult children) Emma had all her food storage and Matthew didn't have any and you could see the world falling apart around you and you still had time and money to make a difference. Can you even imagine that??? Well, even if you can only imagine a little about how that might feel, that's how I feel magnified by 10 times.

Think how I will feel if the world does go to hell in a hand basket and I didn't buy wheat when I could and then all I had left was $25,ooo in worthless paper dollars. Yes, I do think how I would feel if I went out and bought a lot of wheat and then, though things get worse but the worst doesn't happen, and we end up not having any money to get us through our old age. Don't think I haven't thought about that. That is what is stopping me from buying it right now. I hope with all my heart that the worst doesn't happen or I will probably go nuts when it does. My sanity is in question right now, I know, so praying is all I can do at this point.

I sure hope you kids who don't have any food storage can find a way to buy SOMETHING right away, maybe for Christmas instead of toys. It is that important. It is like Noah being told to get on the ark. Don't put it off. The way will be opened up if you really commit to finding a way to buy something. And you can always find some way to store it if you're determined. I bet Emilee might even let you store it in her basement if you asked.

Well I didn't mean to get into this at all when I started writing, so sorry everyone for bending your ear (or your eyes as the case may be) ;)

May God bless us all to be as ready and we can,

Loves,

Mither

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Thanks for the concern. You are sweet. It's ok. We can be friends as we go to PT at the same time. LOL I went yesterday (man i am so tickelish that I kept laughing and he had to measure me again and again) Anyways so there is no need to worry and fret. We will get food storage. It's really really hard when you have FOUR kids and hardly any money after we pay for the house its like we have NOTHING at all.
Ah well. Maybe I will buy one to two things for food storage everytime i go to the store. OH and thats the other thing. With Three boys growing all the time its like 300 everytime I go to the store just to get enough food to last us till the next pay check. I know "WHAT THREE HUNDRED" well times have changed and its not that easy to get things anymore. I am hoping with the price of gas gone down that the price of everything else will go down. I am not expecting anything big but yea. ok this is a long post. Love ya.

Jenn said...

Mom, I'm sorry you are still strugling so much with fear. I'll pray for you that you can feel hope during these dark times. There is always reason to hope, and no reason to despair, because no matter what happens, we will be okay. We have the gospel and the spirit!

I love what President Uchtdorf said in the last conference: "If only we could glimpse, for a moment what the Lord has in store for us, not only in the next life, but in this one as well, our hope would be unshakeable and despair would never overcome us…to all who suffer—to all who feel discouraged, worried, or lonely—I say with love and deep concern for you, never give in.
Never surrender.
Never allow despair to overcome your spirit.
Embrace and rely upon the Hope of Israel, for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart."

ems said...

Mither dear,

I do see what you are saying. I would feel very bad if Emma had food and Matthew didn't. However, I firmly believe that those who do not have the means to store extra food, but do the best they can will be taken care of. If we do all we can, like Karla suggested about even just buying a couple of extra things at the store, then the Lord will help us. So I hope that if I am in your situation when my kids are grown that I will still believe what I believe now. I am not in that situation however and thus cannot completely identify with you. But, I can say that I do believe that the Lord is going to bless every one of your children who do the best they can to prepare, even if we don't all have a year supply of food. That is not to say that none of us will suffer, but I believe that if the Lord needs us to learn something by suffering, then we are not going to escape it regardless how much food storage we have or do not have.

Anyway, I hope that made a little bit of sense.

Lub-lubs!

Unknown said...

We've been really good about building up some good food storage. We also have two full 55 gal. barrels of water. And a wheat grinder. Then we've been ending up shorter and shorter on money lately. I don't know why. We've kinda been eating up our food storage the last few months. So we're a little shorter on peanut butter and shortening and popcorn kernels (trust me, they're emergency around her, lol), but we have plenty of wheat and water! And an extra propane tank for the grill. :)