Monday, December 1, 2008

Ogre Grandma

Poor little Emma got her feelings hurt the other day when I asked her to stop galloping around the house. I didn't want to encourage her to think it was all right to run around grandma's house but maybe I shouldn't have told her she couldn't gallop. It was really so cute and I felt bad about it when she started to cry about it. And I hate to think of myself as an ogre grandma. I wish it didn't bother me so much to have the little ones run in the house, but that's how it is for me. :(

I am doing better since my surgery. I'm s till not able to get around by myself, make any meals, or do any housework or laundry but I am so grateful not to be in the nursing home that I can wait for that. (Who would have thought I would wish to be able to do my housework.) I hate to ask Joe to do anything for me since he has all the responsibility of caring for me, but I am so embarrassed to have anyone see my messy bedroom that I can't stand to have anyone come in the bedroom to visit. (my immediate family excepted as they already know how it looks)

Well enough for now.

Oh yes, if anyone has any really good books I could borrow it would be greatly appreciated.

Love to all,

Mither

5 comments:

Flee said...

I'm sure you're not an ogre grandma! That is so silly. It's hard to have lots of kids running around in a confined space for anyone! So, no worries.

nora.lakehurst said...

You are not an oger. Its all the meds and it will wear off. I remember the first few days after my surgery I didnt want my kids to talk because it bugged me. but then it wore off and now I am okay.

ems said...

Mither, Emma often cries when anyone tells her she cannot do something she wants to do, it's part of her charm. :) She is constantly telling me, "you scared me," when I know it is just that she is upset that I told her not to do something. I am really hoping it is a phase and she will grow out of it, but until then, I guess I'll just have to keep "scaring" her. So, good heavens! Don't feel bad.

Steve and Chelle said...

hee hee, you're not an ogre by any means! really.

Stacey said...

If you are an ogre,I can't imagine what I would be!

Hmm,what's worse than an ogre? I'll have to find out and get back to you. :P