Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sponsoring, What A Joy!

I just have to write something about my new sponsee. She was one of the women who came to the OA meeting last Wed. and felt impressed with what I said about the CEA-HOW women who had lost 100 lbs. in the last year. She was so excited after Thursday night's CEA-HOW meeting that she asked me to be her sponsor on the spot. I met with her Friday afternoon and we talked for 2 hours about the program and what she needed to do to start. We had a 25 min. talk yesterday when she made the required call and today we talked for an hour. That was a little bit of a problem because it gave me 30 min. to get ready for church. (good thing I didn't have to wash my hair, blow it dry and curl it or I never would have made it)

My other sponsee and I talk every day for at least 15 or 20 min. She just moved here a month ago from Bear Lake and bought their retirement home in Orem. She is a diabetic and was on heavy doses of medication to control it. She had a severe sugar addiction and was into the sugar every morning and having to take medication early in the day to counteract the sugar she was eating. She was seriously depressed and hated herself for being so weak willed. She said she wanted to kill herself.

Somehow she heard about the Church's Addiction Recovery Program and came to the Monday noon meeting and heard me share about my incredible weight loss and how I knew it was the Lord doing the discipline for me. She reached across the end of the table at the end of the meeting and asked if she could join the group I was with. I was thrilled to tell her about CEA-HOW and when I found out that she was a diabetic I called another CEA-HOW woman, who had diabetes who happened to be there, over and got the two of them together. I didn't even stay to talk to her after that but she came to the next CEA-HOW meeting and was ready to start right then. I talked to her after the meeting and recommended strongly that she get a sponsor as soon as possible and she asked me to be her sponsor on the spot. I was excited to get my first sponsee just two days after I had become available. We have formed a close friendship in the three week since then. The really neat thing is that since she has been eating such a healthy diet she has been able to go off her medication completely! This program is a miracle! What blessing to have found it!

I can't wait to weigh myself in 10 days to see how much more I have lost.

I find that serving as a sponsor has been a joy. It's so fun to see these two women get so excited about the program.

Well, Love and Cheers,
Mither

1 comment:

ems said...

That is fabulous that you are able to be a sponsor! I bet it is wonderful to be able to help people that way. I'm excited to see how much you've lost this month. You'll have to let us know!