Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Families - Stacey and Emilee may not want to read this :)

Jan, Jen, Emilee, Daniel and kids came over last night and we had a fascinating discussion about history and nuclear bombs. You never can tell what will come up in our family. Jen never did get her taxes done.
Emilee is feeling better finally with her pregnancy. So is Stacey. I'm glad they are through the hard part of having a new baby. Now they just have to go through the summer being pregnant, feeling as big as a house at the end and then the happy nights of two a.m. feedings and days of bleary eyed struggles to manage with the new baby in the house on top of all the other kids. Who said having babies wasn't fun?
I never gave all that a second thought. I just lived in happy ignorance of the difficulty of it all and accepted it as part of the course of being a mother. Maybe they shouldn't read this blog....
As long as they don't think about it maybe it'll be easier for them. Then again, maybe they already know =)
It is worth it in the end. I am SO happy I have a large family. And I am especially blessed, incredibly blessed to have them all settled here in Utah Valley. I have friends who have children spread around the whole U.S. so they only get to see each other once or twice a year, if that. Doris and La Dawn come to mind, and there are those with only a few children that have all moved away. How sad they must be about that -- no children or grandchildren around. I can only imagine.
I made a recipe for pumpkin pie made with Splends that tasted horrible, today. There was not enough Splenda and way too much cloves. I was so looking forward to something sweet I could eat for lunch and dinner that was a vegetable and so on my new eating plan. (specifically not called a diet. A diet is something you go on and be really, really good about until you lose all the weight and then you can eat like a "normal" person again, which, in most cases I've ever known about, means you gain it all back again and then some.) Could be just semantics but OA didn't think so. I haven't heard the term used either way in CEA-HOW yet, but then the only literature we use are the AA books and two small booklets written for us specifically by people who are in the program. I'm still committed to the program, though. How could I not be when the Lord has given me the miracle of the discipline it takes to do such a rigorus program.
Cheers,
Mither

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

See having kids is great when you have space and time you can spend away from them. I can see how it can be considered hard when you dont have all of the joys of your own place. Stace doesnt think Motherhood is hard just time consuming in small spaces ;). I am reading a book called "the five languages of love for Childhood" Its really neat. Anyways I like no I love being a mom most times. :D

Unknown said...

If you want something sweet, here is something at, since sugar can be a problem in infection and inflammation: http://www.packetinsider.com/blog/naturalchoice/?p=141
I would like to experiment with agave nectar (I know the health food store by me has it in "bulk" -- you fill as much as you want) and someday would like to try erithyritol. They are both Erithyritol is something you might like to look into in place of sugar. It's not typically available locally yet, but can be ordered online. It even shouldn't promote tooth decay! I have learned a lot of things in my elimination diet. If I come across something sweet without all the sugar and calories I'll let you know.
As far as motherhood is concerned: it is both the most difficult and most rewarding thing that can be done. If it wasn't so hard it couldn't be so wonderful!