Friday, August 14, 2009

Even taking my ambein I can'tsleep

I have to get up at 7:00 tomorrow. no zzzzzzzzzzzz's for me. So,I decided to write some of my talk for all those of you who couldn't come. So here goes.....

(ALERT, ALERT, ALERT!!!! - This could get long.

First I introduced out family. Then I said how we have the almost unheard of blessing of having all our children settling in Utah valley

Bod Monson, Second Counselor, asked us to speak on;how we raised our children to be so close and so supportive of us. He also remarked how our sons all come and pitch in getting all the big jobs in the yard done. And they do it fast. He said if they had been building the Redwood road construction it would be done by now :)

(I am so tired I can hardly stand it.)

I am not even going to go into any detail now. I'll have to do that later when I'm more awake.

First I spoke about how pivotal home schooling our six youngest kids.

Next I spoke about Janice learning to make sacrifices and the effect it had on the rest of the kids to be nicer to their Bro. and Sisters.

The third thing was making family traditions. I went into detail about our traditions of Thanksgiving, The Christmas pageant, breakfast Christmas morning for all 37 of us. Also Easter, cookouts in the summer the 4th of July with our Annual Southern Not So Special Olympics and fireworks on the driveway/street.

The forth thing was when Janice and I went toe to toe about having family birthday parties on the Sabbath.

Last is kind of two in one. IT IS WHEN WE STARTED HAVING FAMILY DEVOTIONALS (Oops, sorry for the caps - I'm too tired to go back and change it) and the commitment we had of going to church EVERY Sunday and take all the kid unless one of us was sick when the sick ones stayed home and everyone else went. It was a hassle to get nine kids ready for church especially during those years we every Sunday, invariably, some one's shoe was lost and we had a frantic search for it.

Then I made the disclaimer that our children weren't perfect and our home wasn't well run but we always had a deep love for our children and held on to them because of our love even through the problems that came up.

Then I bore my testimony.

That was it. It was 12 minutes long so that gives an idea of what I said when I embellished it.

Now I think I am sufficiently Dead tired so maybe I'll sleep now.

Sleep tight everyone,

{{{hugs}}}

Mither

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I wish we could have been there to hear it,but I forgot all about it. :(