Saturday, January 3, 2009

We had a great Christmas. All the kids and grand kids were here which added a great deal to the merriment (and noise :)) We had a cute nativity program with the little ones playing all the parts except for David who played the donkey. (Melissa has had an amazing effect on David's willingness to get involved in family life.... or maybe it's just the fact that he's grown older and appreciates the finer (?) things in life.) He made a great donkey. He even had ears and a tail thanks to Melissa. All the kids had costumes except for a few angels who were dressed in my tablecloths (it worked for us :) ) Seth, Adam, Michael and most of the male grand kids had a rousing wrestling match on the living room floor for about 10 minutes(nothing got hurt or broken so all is well there) There was lots of laughing as they all "dog piled" on Seth at the end. We also had a white elephant gift exchange. The best white elephant was a pair of sweat pants with the South Point Builders logo on the rear end. Jonathan was a good sport about it and we all had a good laugh. Then almost everyone stayed and played games and visited.

Melissa made up a fun activity for all the grand kids which included little gift bags that had kazoos in them. Can you imagine 15 kids with kazoos all playing at once. Someone remarked that it was interesting that after giving the kids kazoos David and Melissa left early. lol

Christmas morning we had our traditional Christmas breakfast and then opened presents. Joe got a gift card to Home Depot and a leather bound set of the History of the Church from me. I got perfume, and Ihome and a box of 12 lemon truffles. (Oh man!!! what decadent bliss.) I did share one with Emilee. (no one else asked so I got the rest to myself.... Yummmmmm) You can see the five pounds I gained from eating them by next week if you care to look. I promised myself that no matter what Joe got me for Christmas this year I wasn't going to take it back and hurt his feelings again. He meant to get me a white ihome for the kitchen but ended up getting a silver one. It looks white on the box. Anyway, Joe brought the receipt to me yesterday and said I could exchange it for a white one and he wouldn't feel bad about it. (but he didn't promise not to give me a bad time about it, so I may be in for some ribbing if I do. Hmmmmmmm. That's a dilemma.) I'll tell you in a later post what I decided to do.

We also got a whole lot of really nice presents from all the kids which really embarrasses me because we only gave them two gifts to open and we get NINE gifts to open. As this post is getting really long I won't list all the gifts but say thanks to all for a really nice Christmas.

(So Michelle and I hired again? At least if I don't post often enough, I write long posts when I do.)

LUBS, Mither

5 comments:

Flee said...

I'm so glad that you guys had such a nice Christmas. Michelle said that it was so much fun.

nora.lakehurst said...

Yeah I love the whole dog pile thing. Seth got kinda hurt but he said it was fun while doing it.

Stacey said...

It was a fun Christmas! I love the South Point builders pants,that was hilarious!

Steve and Chelle said...

Yes mither, you are msot definitely hired again! but watc out, cause if you don't post again soon, youmay just get the pink slip again!

oh, and christmas was super fun. And mom- don't worry about the gifts! We loved them! (especially seeing dad in Glen Beck!) and think about all the gifts you've given all your kids over the years- now add them up. When that number starts to come close wo how many we've given you , you can complain about not giving us enough. I give you permission.

Jenn said...

Ditto to what Chelle said about the pressies! You'd better start counting because it is going to take you a while!

It was a fun Christmas! I'm so glad we still get together even though we have a huge family. I love it!