Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Miracle of Miracles

I can hardly believe it!!!! I went to the doctor today to have my hip checked and just about feinted when I got on the scales and had LOST weight over the holidays. I have lost a total of 15 pounds since last July. WOO HOO!! And to think I got to enjoy a whole box of candy for
Christmas besides Well I have to admit that except for a few slips and that box of candy I have been off sugar for the last six months. Even so, I've hardly moved out of my bed or recliner for the last six weeks since my surgery. I seriously expected to have gained weight. WOW what a high!!!

Oh yeah... my hip is fine, too. And ta da.... I'm officially off my walker. I'm supposed to use a cane but it is more bother than it's worth. But Joe want me to use it so I'll humour him for a week or so. It is so nice to be able to walk around without that big, bulky thing. I hope to get back to my routine of going to the MTC again as soon as I can move my leg well enough to get from the gas pedal to the brake pedal in good time. I haven't tried it yet but plan to do it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

That's such great news! Yay for the weight loss and no more walker!

Unknown said...

You could always just "carry" a cane like President Hinckley did ;) Congrats!!!

Flee said...

WOO HOO for weight loss! And good luck fooling Joe with the cane. He's a smart man, I can see him insisting on whatever the dr. says to make sure his love is well.

nora.lakehurst said...

YAY I wish i could loose weight like that. LOL I ditto what Janelle says.
And yes I am posting at 1:58 AM. I tired to sleep but my head hurts to lay down. YAY anyways enough about the woes.
Celebrate with a friend. Go you!

Holly said...

so going off sugar really works! Now I just have to figure out how to live without sugar! Congratulations on your weight loss!

I hope you don't mind if I occasionally follow your blog.

I enjoyed seeing Michelle and Janice at the hospital on Christmas night. Then Vaughn and I saw Karla and Stacey at Walmart a few days later.
You have a great family!