Wednesday, January 21, 2009

once every ten days or so

I'm risking Michelle's firing me if I don't write a little more often. So, what's new?



Furniture. We finally have some money to buy and a place to put it all at the same time. It was fun picking it out. We did go up to Salt Lake to look at two different places but I couldn't find anything I liked as well as what I saw at RC Willey so we bought it all there. It will be nice to have the family room back and to have decent furniture to put in it. The living room furniture will go downstairs along with the two recliners from our bedroom. We will be able to seat seven people comfortably down there so we will be able to watch movies with your families when you come to visit.



I just went to the MTC for the first time since my surgery and am finally able to drive the car again. It feels so good to get back to my old routine again. I am exhausted, tonight, after being up and about so much, especially after being sedate for so long. I will be glad to give up my cane, though, as soon as I can walk without a limp. It shouldn't be too much longer, though. I have walked around the kitchen and bedroom It was a long walk from the parking lot to the building I need to go to at the MTC and my left hand got very sore before I got there. It was the same walking back to the car.



Now if I can just keep from kicking my cane with my little toe on the left foot so I can get my Sunday shoes on I will be able to go to church on Sunday. I have kicked it THREE times in five days. My toe was all black and blue from the first time I kicked it and was just getting so I could walk without it hurting when I kicked it the second time. Then a day later I kicked it again. So now it is so black and blue it looks almost dead. It has been hurting all day from walking on it in shoes that were my most comfortable. I can't even get my Sunday shoes on at all. You'd be surprised at how hard the swing of your foot is when it hits something solid like a cane. It's much worse than stubbing your toe. I am proud of myself (I know pride is a sin but I can't help it, it hurt so bad) that I didn't swear. I don't swear anyway, but if I did, I would have let out a long stream of bad words after the third time.



I hope you all got my email about helping us move furniture on Saturday after moving Adam and Stacey. I know it will be your husbands helping but a good word from you wives would help.



That's all for now.



Hugs and kisses,



Mither

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Sorry I dont know how to deal with a cane so I cant help you on your little toe issues.
Yes we got the email. Yes we will be there to help.
Hope you get better soon :D

Unknown said...

>pout< I didn't get the email. Does that mean we're off the hook? ;) ;) I haven't spoken specifically with Michael about our plans for tomorrow but I will and we'll let ya know. I'm betting we'll be there.
Glad you're getting around better!!! You might want to consider steel toes boots for a while ;) Poor piggies!

ems said...

YOU KICKED IT A THIRD TIME!!! Bummer dude! I don't think even the sunday shoes you bought online will help with a black and blue toe! Oh well, I'm glad you're getting around better. Don't overdo it too much and end up in bed with the fibromyalgia!

Lubs!

Corilee said...

Too late on the fibromyalgia issue. I've had some considerably rough afternoon and evenings this past week. I plan to spend most of the next few days in bed to try to get it to settle down. I may not go to the MTC on Monday but I plan to still come and do the toy box with Emma if she's in a good mood.

Lubs, back to you :)