Sunday, January 11, 2009

Too Bad

It's almost too bad that I found out that I've lost more weight. I am making more excuses to eat sugar. Not good NOT good NOT GOOD. {-(

Turns out I do need my cane if I want to walk very far, Dang! Oh well, at least it isn't the old boring metal ones. It has an ebony handle but the cane part is various shades of color (pastel) that look like bubbles to me. They look like jelly beans to Holly. That isn't a good choice of words for someone off sugar. Bubbles are much less fattening.

My little grandson, Matthew, just turned one yesterday. I don't have any favorite memories about him except that he is exceptionally cute and he will let me hold him for a little while if his twin aunts aren't around. (which is rare) But that's better than Emma who will hardly tolerate my even looking at her unless I promise a Popsicle or fruit snacks. Eventually Ems is going to have to train her not to be rude to people. Until then I am stocking up on Popsicles and fruit snacks. lol

Now that I'm well enough, I'll have to start painting and sewing again. If I can get over the initial resistance to doing anything that comes close to work, I should make good headway as once I get started, I really enjoy doing both.

I had an interesting dream last night . I had been pondering on why I have such a hard time doing things like work, why I prefer to sit around doing nothing even though there are things I really like to do. I fell off into a doze and had the following dream. I dreamt that someone was talking to me and telling me that some people have a bad experience that then effects them the rest of their lives negatively. While others have no knowledge of the bad experience but the effects are visible the rest of their life and only eventually, when they are older, do they come to realize that they have had a bad experience early on. The latter seems to be what happened to me. I've never thought of it that way but it explains at least some of my issues in a way I can understand. I think the dream was one of those "tender mercies" Bro. Bednar talked about a while back. I am so glad that I have these little witnesses from the Spirit from time to time that let me know that Heavenly Father is aware of me personally. What a blessing.

I am doing much better on my cane now. Not quite so wobbly. I do think it won't be too much longer that I'll need it though as I have only a slight limp without it. It's so nice not to have the terrible pain that I used to have before the surgery. That's another blessing.

A third blessing and probably the greatest one is that Joe went through this whole seven week period with only slight complaint on two occasions. He literally waited on me hand and foot the whole time. What a good man he is. And what a blessing!


I hope to be well enough to make a plumb pudding for Grandma Spendlove this Thursday so I can take it to her next Friday for her lunch I have some "diet" brown sugar I will use in it so she can eat it. It's really good with a hot lemon sauce on top with whipped cream to top it off with. If anyone wants a taste and a recipe come on over Friday night and try it. I will make a big batch so everyone who comes can at least have a little taste. It is absolutely yummy.

Well, that's all for now. Wish me that I can finally go to sleep tonight. Yawwwwwn.

Lub-lubs

Mither

6 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Ok I think the dream part needs to be explained to me in person. I was so lost. And second the things on your cane look like JB I wont say the real words. Then I love the Emma thing. She wont look at me either. I was suprised that I got her to smile in some pictures I got for Matthews b-day pictures. I guess I should visit then she wont be so scared of me. LOL but I got Little Mieka. She came to me thrice. YAY

Corilee said...

Ems, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings on the Emma comment. Rude is rather a harsh word. I do think she needs to be taught to be more accepting of people or at least to smile and not scall (sp?) at people. She can be so cute when she wants to be, with the right rewards, so she could be taught to be that way all the time I think.

ems said...

Mither dear, believe me I have tried to teach her to be accepting, but I think we have to take into account personality here. I may not have been like her at her age, but I most certainly was like her from my earliest memory until at least my high school and possibly even my college years. I think it is something she will grow out of, but I am not going to give her candy every time she does do it. She already gets sweets from other people for giving hugs and kisses and I think that is probably enough for now as I don't want her to struggle with food the same way that I do. I am working with her though and trying to teach her to be nice and I have seen some little improvement. Perhaps she will continue to improve. Hopefully it will not take her as long to overcome her intense shyness as it did me.

Lubs!

ems said...

P.S. At least she does give you snugs when you give her a reward. There are some people that she will not give snugs to for anything. That's progress at least! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, Emma is really shy around people, but I don't see that as an entirely negative thing. One of my cousins has a little girl who is SO accepting of EVERYONE that it is downright terrifying. She is about Emma's age. The last time I saw her (it has only been 2 or 3 times I have ever seen her) she came up to me and just sat down on my lap. I didn't even remember who's child she was! Emma is the other end of the spectrum, and I think that's fine. I've managed a few good contacts with her by not forcing her to come too close. I sat down a couple of feet away from her at M's party and started just showing her the bottlecaps in the Eye Spy bag I had made for Matthew. Eventually she scootched over until she was sitting right next to me and leaning on my leg telling me who she could see. Some kids, if you push them too much into what makes them uncomfortable, will just push further away to get the space they are comfortable with. I bet she'll grow out of it or at least come to a more "acceptable" level of comfort when around others. In my OPINION she may do better if you let her make the move instead of bribing her to be close. Talk with her and invite her to be close. Read a book to her and turn the book around to show her the pictures, and I bet she'll come when she's ready. She may sneak closer to see the pictures until she is cuddling after all. Then you'll know it's cause she's showing how she loves you... not just for the fruit snacks ;)
(Just making sure: I'm not trying to say anything to make anyone unhappy here. No fingers pointed or offense meant. Just to clarify. If anything comes across that way it is UNINTENTIONAL. Love ya!)

Unknown said...

and yes, I do tend to be long winded :P