Monday, October 27, 2008

Random thoughts on politics

Read Flee's last post. It was great. There was one quote she may have never heard. It says:
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Here are some things you can do.

1. Keep informed on the issues. Listen to news, read magazines Like The New American.

2. Write letters to the editor on what is happening politically. Find out about what is happening by subscribing to Newsmax.com or Glenn Beck.com.

3. Study the Constitution. Ask Dad to help you as he know how to translate the old English to modern words. It only takes about 45 minutes to go through the whole thing and that's with comments and questions

4. Write to your Congressmen about the bills before Congress that you feel strongly about.

5. Make $ donations to those candidates who are conservative and espouse your values. (Even $5.00 would help. If 1,000 people gave just $5.00 it would add up to $5,000.00

6. Get registered

7. Make your voice heard..... Vote!

8. If you don't know the issues, ask someone whose opinions you value, who does know, how they are voting and do the same.

9. That's it unless you want to run for office or help someone on their campaign.

10. Oh, also talk about your political views to family & friends and try to influence them to vote.

Even if you only do 6 7 & 8 you would be doing something and could stand before the Lord, and when he asks you what you did to preserve freedom, you'll have a good answer. And if this nation falls into slavery because of Obama, or bankruptcy, or the government collapses, you'll know you didn't just stand idly by and let it happen.

I sound like President Benson. Almost every talk he gave as an Apostle was giving the same advice. When he became the Prophet he stressed reading the Book of Mormon because he said our days are a parallel of their days just before Christ came to America. In their day, their government collapsed because of the "Gaddianton Robbers" who filled the government and the corrupt judges and lawyers who changed the laws protecting their freedom.

Gosh Flee, you really set me off! Doesn't take much on this subject though. :)

Well back to housework. I've got to get my bedroom cleaned up so I won't be bugged by it when I'm laid up.

4 comments:

Flee said...

I know, it doesn't take much to set me off either when it comes to politics. And I have heard that quote before! It's a good one. I was going to put it in there but at the last minute took it out. Not sure why. But it's a good one. :)

ems said...

Good points mither! Thanks for the ideas.

Steve and Chelle said...

so I just heard a funny thing on the radio- the announcer said "If this election stuff goes on much longer I'm going to need a brain-dectomy!"

I thought that was pretty funny! I'm starting to feel that way too! I'm so sick of all the crap that we have to put up with during election season! Don't tell me how the other candidate is bad- just tell me how you're good and how you're going to make our nation better!!!

geesh!

gammaeileen said...

Ditto on everything! Good luck with the surgery! Love, Eileen