Friday, October 3, 2008

I bought a ton of sewing supplies and fabric for our "Food" storage. I was nearly dead by the time I got through deciding on the fabric. My feet hurt the rest of the night last night, it was really painful. I am going to buy more fabric and a few more things I forgot to get (like zippers and bobbins.)

I watched the debate last night and thought Sarah Palin did very well for herself. But Joe Biden came off like a star... grrr. I'm very concerned about the "bailout." I'm sure the bill they are going to bring up for a vote today will not have the free market provisions that we need but people are really going to start suffering if something isn't passed. Still they could wait until the stock market closed for the day tomorrow and work on a new bill over the weekend without such a big problem. I don't think they'll do that, though, unless they are still getting a lot of calls from us little people. One financial counselor said that it will take us 7-8 years to get over this but she also said it will only be a recession and not a depression. SOOOO want her to be right.

Sorry to spout off on political thoughts, but that's me...

You get the good with the bad - no other choice.

Love and kissee,

Mither

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I only watched a little of the debate but I thought Palin was great! We had to turn it off because Flee was yelling at the tv every time Biden was on. ;)

ems said...

Well mither, look at the positive side, maybe this means that the Lord is coming sooner rather than later. ;)

K - i love what Stace said about Flee! That is exactly what I feel like doing whenever I listen to talk radio these days! I don't, because Emma is always with me and I don't want her to start yelling at the radio, she already has enough of my bad habits!

Steve and Chelle said...

yeah em, you are so bad. geesh, I can't believe you!

And really, it was SO SO SO funny last night! Flee is just really so passionate about politics, its fun for me, and has got me into it alot more (really mom, it has. Even if you don't believe it)

And, I'm not going to say 'I told you so' but see, your financial counselor said there wouldn't be a depression! So look for the positive! (have you read Karla's optimism post yet??)

(btw, I had a dream that the economy was all of a sudden fixed and I cam down and said "See mom, I told you so!" all bratty. hee hee! I laughed when I remembered that!)

anyway. I'll end my novel now. But if we have to take the bad and the good if we want you, I'd take bad constantly just to keep you in my life! (you're not bad constantly, I am merely saying if you were I'd still want you!) 'cause I love you, and I need you (and I'll still need you in 20 years, so you better be here!)

ok, I'm really done now!