Saturday, April 3, 2010

Life Goes On....

The flareup has flared down. I can't believe it! It's so good to feel good. I have been on the fibro. medication for about a week and a half now and I think that, a priesthood blessing that was given me a couple of weeks ago, and some very strong pleadings with the Lord in prayer have given me back my life.

I went to my mission yesterday for the first time in almost two weeks. I was thinking on the drive in to work (mission) that I was doing very little work there - I only answer the phone - that I really wasn't needed there. I began praying about it in the car to know the Lord's will and get some guidance. I thought maybe the Lord wanted me to try harder to get the computer skills to do the work with the "candidates" (people who come in for help).
I've had other callings in the Church that in hindsight could have used the kind of prayer I felt impressed to pray right then. Anyway, after praying about it and having different thoughts come to mind, the one that seemed to be from the Lord and not me was --are you I willing to do a "lowly" job that wouldn't be something your ego would benefit from?
Yeah, that was humbling.
I am glad to say that I am more than willing. I have decided to bring good books or my scriptures to work with me so I will have something to do between phone calls.
We celebrated Easter (bunny and candy) last night so it wouldn't interfere with Conference either Saturday or Sunday. We had a barbeque (sans barbeque) after the "hunt" which turned out really well. It has helped to have the two empty bedrooms for the kids to play in even though there aren't very many toys in there to play with. And I wasn't even nervous about food getting spilled which was weird because in all the cookouts we've had indoors (cookouts, indoors?) we've never really had anything spilled. But last night someone spilled a full glass of rootbeer on the tile and carpet and I wasn't even phased by it. Who would have guessed? Maybe all my stressing about it over the years has finally worn off and left me calm and collected. I haven't even checked today to see if there is a big spot on the carpet from it. So what if there is? It was worth it to have all my children and grandchildren there.
We had two broken hearts (with tears) last night. One was Jenni, who didn't get very much candy compared to some of the littler kids who got more time and opportunity to hunt. That one was saved by some candy I bought that wasn't put out for the hunt. I was going to put one chocolate egg in my purse so I would have something if my hypoglycemia ever acted up (or my blood sugar dropped suddenly as it has been known to do.) But I decided later that if my purse was ever left in a hot car I could have a mess on my hands. Anyway Joe absconded with the whole bag and had it up in the bonus room where, thankfully, we had Jenni go to get some.
The other broken heart (with tears) was when Joshie found out that Ethan was going to Conference with Jennifer and he couldn't go because they didn't have enough tickets. That was resolved by Janice giving up her ticket so he could go in her place. I don't think Joshie really knows what he's in for even though everyone tried to tell him it was like a really long Sacrament meeting and he'd have to be quiet the whole time. At least he felt better.
Thanks, Janice, for once again making a sacrifice for someone else's happiness. And thanks again for being the one who stayed longer and cleaned up the mess after everyone. You're an amethyst (my favorite jewel ;) I hope your work wasn't too taxing today and that you get a lot of sleep and rejuvenation tonight. Would you like to come and watch conference with us tomorrow? We'd love to have you.
Well that's all for now,
Cheers!
Mither

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm glad you are doing so much better.

I was worried about Josh going to conference too but he is really looking forward to it. He watched conference today with NO whining! Since his baptism he has been doing church-oriented things without complaining. I hope it lasts! :)

(and yes, Jan is awesome to give up her ticket for Josh! What a great aunt!)

Unknown said...

Yay for feeling good!!!! I can't wait to be able to proclaim that same good news ;) And yay for not "crying" over spilled root beer, lol. There have been times I have had to put things back in perspective that same way. When we did the egg dying yesterday I just put a towel under the cups and decided that it was okay that the towel would be forever stained. Much more relaxing :)