Friday, April 16, 2010

Christmas?

I am a total ingrate! It should have been like Christmas on the 15th but since I only lost 4 lbs. I was seriously disappointed. I guess since I lost 24 lbs the first month and my eating hasn't changed at all I have expected greater weight loss than I've been having. Last month I only lost 8 lbs.

Still 12 lbs for the last two months is better than gaining weight and I am grateful for that, but I don't understand why it is slowing down so much. Still I am committed to this program and will continue my efforts and leave the weight loss results in Heavenly Father's hands.

It's a good thing we only weigh once a month.

If I lose more next month I'll title my post "Merry Christmas," then you won't have to read my blog, you'll just know I am happy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

There are ALWAYS plateaus in weight loss. I'm sure next month will be a whole bunch better. (Not that I have personal experience, lol, I just watch too much tv :P ) Keep it up!!! I'm totally impressed. I'm struggling a LOT just trying to cut out a few foods!

Flee said...

That's how weight loss always goes! It comes off fast at first, then you really need to change up your eating/exercising plan to keep the weight loss going. I lost the fist 10 lbs out of what I wanted to lose and then I was stuck! for 6 months! Drove me crazy! Then I got pregnant, so there wasn't anything I could do after that.

But really, you've lost a total of 36lbs! In 3 months, That's awesome! That's something to very happy about. Getting healthy feels great, doesn't it?

Flee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flee said...

OH! to add to what I said, I was stuck at the same weight for 6 months, sure. But my body had changed dramatically. I had much more muscle than I'd had before, I was fairly toned. So, I looked better with the 10lbs that I couldn't shed than I did without the 10lbs before. I was more trim.

Just something to consider when changing habits. Don't get stuck on the numbers of everything.

ems said...

Sorry to hear about the disappointment. My trainer said that eating is the most important part of losing weight, which is probably why you ARE still losing, so that's good. However, he said that exercise was also very important. You might want to start with 10 min. a day and see what happens next time you weigh in. Even that small amount would help.

Honestly, when I SEVERELY limit my calories, and exercise I only lose 1 lb a week, which is what you lost last month. I think that unfortunately that is just the way we are made!. Good luck and keep up the good work.

ems said...

I know I already commented, but I just thought I'd let you know you did not miss my last post. I started it several days ago, but didn't finish it until yesterday. It posts the date you start it not the date you finish, so you didn't miss anything. Thanks for commenting though.:)