Thursday, February 11, 2010

Who would've thought....?

Well I finally got the painting done for Gayla (Jan's friend). It's been more than two years since I committed to do it. My lack of discipline is horrendous! (Just goes to show that I could never have done the CEA-HOW program unless Heavenly Father did the disciple part for me - what other part is there?) So, when I showed it to Janice she said there were some parts she didn't like and I said that I had lost the picture so I had to guess on the last part of it. But as we were talking the picture fell out of the back of the canvas. I could see how I could change it to make it look better so I'm not really done yet. I have made a commitment to a lady I know in CEA-HOW to have it done in a week. Don't ask me why that would work except that I don't want her to think badly of me. (I don't know why a commitment to her would work and not one to Janice - actually, I don't think I ever made one to Janice, maybe that's why.)


I am so thrilled with the discipline I'm experiencing. My high hopes, because of Heavenly Father, are higher than ever, now. I don't expect them to crash and burn, either, as they have done in the past. It's funny, I think I've prayed for help every time I've tried a diet or self-improvement program but didn't get it that He wanted to carry the whole load for me. How kind and thoughtful of Him. I think He wanted me to humble myself and admit that there are just some things I can't do at all.

I'm going to ask for the discipline to do my housework and laundry, now, as well. Since discipline has been such a HUGE part of my faults and sins, maybe this is the answer to all of them.

I've heard it said that God can make more of us than we can make of ourselves. This is such and epiphany. Who would've thought....?

Ever,

Mither

1 comment:

Jan said...

Nice post Mom.

It is a continual challenge in life to really turn our lives over to the Lord, but I find the times that I do He makes so much more of me than I could make of myself!

Thanks for all the time you are spending on the painting. I told Gayla you were almost done and she was excited. She said that it is really nice of you to do this for her!