Friday, February 5, 2010

62 Years Old and Counting,

Well, according to my last wishes (which is to die at 72) I have 10 years left. Hummmm, that makes me rethink my 100 goals list. If I did die at 72 there would be several goals that I would change. I'll have to think about that some more.

My new 12 Step program is going well. It's been 22 days now. We have so much fun at the meetings. We have two men who came last night. There were about 14 or 15 women. The "meeting after the meeting" is so different from the formal meeting but both are great. I just love the 12 Step programs.

One woman I talked to on the phone said she had lost more between her ears than on her body and she's lost more than 100 lbs. She said her whole way of thinking has changed in the years she's been in the program. She said that her emotional healing was so much more important than her physical health that she usually didn't tell people how much she lost. I'm glad she did because I have over 100 lbs to lose and that is encourageing to know that she could lose so much.

I told my brother Joe about it yesterday and found out that he noticed that I only ate steak and broccoli. at our last family party. I guess he didn't notice the two cups of salad I also ate. I told him to watch me over the next few months and we would see how successful I am and then maybe he would consider it for himself.
Heavenly Father is making this so easy for me. I do have to do the footwork but that isn't the hard part. The hard part is the discipline. He's doing that for me because I could never do it for myself.
Happy days all.
Love, Mither

1 comment:

Holly said...

So does that mean today was your birthday? If so Happy Birthday!

22 days! Way to stick to it! I've just finished day 5 without any sugar or white flour or rice. I'm feeling much healthier. It's actually been easier than I thought. I'm really starting to like my veggies.

Let's keep it up! I appreciate your encouragment!

In fact, I want you to know I appreciate all of your comments.

Love,

Holly