Thursday, December 3, 2009

More pictures of Chloe

This is Jenn again. Janelle sent a link to some pictures she took of Chloe, and Mom wanted to put them on her blog. Thanks, Janelle!



This is me now, not Jenn. I am so glad you got these pictures of Chloe, Janelle. They are special to me. She is such a pretty kitten and you know what I realized? She is color coordinated with my living room. When I mention it to Joe, he said "Gee, we'll have to get rid of her when we move and she doesn't match." (cute, huh) I should have said "We'll just have to paint the new living room to match her!" (we as in you!")

(OK. I don't know why the last three characters above came out bolded when I tried to get the "you" bolded and the computer wouldn't do it for some reason. Yep, it's just my touch with computers showing up again! What can I say? This computer hates me!!!)

Chloe still isn't scratching the furniture, at least when we are home and she's not alone. But then if you heard the hissing and clapping that happens when she even tries you probably wouldn't be surprised. That's what one of the handouts they gave us at the animal shelter said to do. We've only had to do that a couple of times.

I've heard her using the scratching post on her condo several times. I'm glad I got her young so I could train her. In the handout it said it was important to set boundaries for your cat as soon as you get her. That cats can be trained and that you aren't doing it any favors by letting it get away with anything you don't want her to do. So it looks like I won't be having her declawed after all.

She is such a sweet kitten. She is affectionate and playful. She follows me wherever I go, unless I am going into the office. She has learned by being shut out several times that she isn't allowed to go in there with me. She can't go in there with me because Steve and Michelle are going to be using the two small bedrooms (office right now) when they move into the other part of the house in January, and he's allergic to cats. If we keep her out of those two rooms, he said it won't be a problem.

When I go in the bedroom and lie down on the bed she comes up and lays on me. That's on not by. Even when I am on my side she jumps up and crawls around until she is balanced and then lays down. She has to do this several times because when she finally gets settled she finds she is not quite balanced right so she has to get up and try again. Joe said he woke up and turned over the other night and she was laying on me while I was on my side sound asleep. Cute kitten! And yes she sleeps on our bed, something I allow. (ok, now I can't get the computer to turn off the italics.... Like I said, it hates me. >:(

btw, Joe has come to love her almost as much as I do for all his calling her "Homewrecker." (Halleluyia, no italics. Beats me how it does this)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In that first picture -- I leaned down and rested my hands / camera on the bed to get a better angle for a shot of the kids with Chloe. She came right over to investigate the camera and got distracted by my fingers. I had just been passing out some ham slices in the car on our way out and she was very intrigued :) I had to trade hands on the camera and scoot away to get a picture of her licking my fingers :P

Jan said...

She is such a cute little kitty Mom, reminds me so much of Chyna! I am glad that she is not scratching. I am glad you(and Dad...) are enjoying her!