Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gingerbread houses and grandkids

Janice organized a gingerbread house making party for all the Grand kids. It turned out to be unorganized madness :) Well, at least she learned how she will do it next Christmas. And the kids were hyper with the joy of the season and seeing all their cousins and all the candy, Candy, CANDY.

Chloe got overwrought with all the kids wanting to hold her. Stacey brought the kids early because Adam had to go to school so Joshie, Brianna, Brady and even Camden got to play with her for some time before everyone else came. I ended up putting her in my bedroom and shutting the door and just letting a few kids at a time come in to see her. Still it was too much for her, so finally I let her just have the rest of the night alone. All the kids did get to see her if only for a few minutes.

I still can't believe Stacey's pregnant! I am torn between being concerned for her and being overjoyed at having another Grand baby. She said she was glad that if she is having another (unexpected) baby she is having it now and not ten years from now. They will be moving into our apartment the first week of January. It will really be cramped for them and Steve and Michelle and for us too, for that matter. I hope Adam can find a job, soon.

I went to bed in a lot of pain both Sunday and Monday nights but was able to recuperate on Tuesday. Tonight I feel a lot better though still not out of the woods. I spent the afternoon resting and dozing while the Glenn Beck show and the nightly news on the Fox channel played in the background. It amazes me that I can sleep through all that but I do.

Steve and Michelle came up and visited for a little while last night. I sure like having them here. We have a lot of fun together. They made Egg McMuffins for dinner and we made powdered milk (which is a really good milk - it doesn't have the powdered milk taste so much.) Jenni couldn't tell it wasn't whole milk. We didn't tell her, either. The chocolate powdered milk was really good. We mixed it up in my new Kitchenaid mixer which worked really well. Next time I think we need to mix the white milk with a little more water and that will take away the powdered taste completely. It was especially nice to have them come because Michelle did all my dishes and theirs too.

I think I'll spend the day tomorrow wrapping Christmas presents. I do need to get a painting done for Janice's friend before the end of the month, too though, so we can pack up all my art supplies for the kids to move in. (Steve and Michelle will be using the two small bedrooms and the family room downstairs to live in until they can get on their feet. They will share the kitchen and laundry room with us.)

I won't be going to Joe's (my brother) house tomorrow to do genealogy because we are all (Larry, Venice, Joe, Eileen, Joe and I) going to do Initiatories on the 15th. It will be special to do our own ancestor's work. These are names David Griffith gave us. It will take a long time to get all the endowments done for all the names we've got but it will be a joy to do it for them. I need to establish a regular day to do Temple work so I can get into a routine. I had planned to do it on Tuesday's but I find I'm needing that day to stay home and rest. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to work this out.

I hadn't intended to write so much tonight but I think I'll look back on the things I've written and be glad I did.

Cheers!
p.s. So Michelle, I didn't lose it this time. I think this computer may be warming up to me :)

3 comments:

Dave said...

LOL, now I know why you can relate to the song I posted yesterday :-)

just kidding :-)

yeah, stacey being pregnant is quite amazing :-) she sounds pretty good, a lot better than I would be :-)

and a gingerbread house making party sounds awesome!! we have one that we are looking for time to put together :-)

Flee said...

That sounds like good fun! And Congrats on all the good things happening!

Jan said...

That was a fun night making Gingerbread houses, even if it was a little chaotic. I loved how Josh said, "We should do this every year." We should, the kids sure loved it and so did I! Thanks for letting us invade your house.

Sounds like you had fun with Steve and Chelle. They are fun to be with!

I hope you are feeling better!

Lub, lubs.