Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chloe, prayer

I named my kitten Chloe though my whole family (well the girls anyway) think I should name her Nutmeg. So her whole name is Chloe Nutmeg Southern.

I didn't have her declawed. I had some real doubts when I prayed about it and I got a sure answer not to do it. I reasoned with the Lord in prayer and finally came to the point where I was willing to hear the voice of the Lord in the words of the Vet. I had to pray really hard to overcome my will and submit to His. I also prayed that if possible, my strong desire to have her declawed would be lessened.

The Vet said to wait a couple of months to see how much she really claws the furniture and then if it is a problem we can do it when I take her in to have her spayed. My strong desire was overcome to a great extent so that when the Vet said to wait I felt alright about it.

Jan and Jen gave me their cat condo and a scratching post, both of which were well used but still look pretty good. They also had some spray to put on the furniture to discourage the cat from using the furniture instead of the scratching post. I am feeling a lot better about it tonight.

I just love this little kitten!

3 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

YEs because she is adorable! I like the name Chloe. I love it

Dave said...

we felt really bad about de-clawing our first cat, so we never de-clawed again. of course, you can tell that by looking at our furniture

ems said...

I'm so glad you decided to wait to make a decision about declawing! If you use the spray Jan and Jenn gave you you shouldn't have a problem. Good for you for submitting your will even when it was difficult!