Saturday, September 26, 2009

Small Miracles

Still fighting sleepiness in the mornings, but to my complete surprise, Joe said I got up last night (after taking my ambien and going to bed) and talked to Michelle and Fleicia (incoherently they said - they just laughed off my crazy speech) until very late. He said I had been doing this several nights, not just last night. I have no memory of it at all. That's what ambien will do to you. I wish I could get off of it.

NO WONDER I've had such a HARD time staying awake during the day. I found myself nodding off in my ERC (Employment Resources Center - my Church service mission) Conference yesterday and then jerking awake over and over. How embarrassing!

I've asked Joe to gently suggest to me that I might want to go back to bed because I have to get up at 5:00 in the morning. Apparently, I get feisty and unreasonable when I am in that state. I'm hoping that my alter ego will listen to him and go back to bed. I still plan on getting up at 5:00 a.m.

The small miracle is that even though I got up so early (and then went back to sleep on the couch at 6:30 until 7:30 when I was wakened by a phone call) I still got my art room cleaned up so that I can at least turn around. The boxes of stuff that got put in there "temporarily" are finally gone! Hallelujah!

Now I have no excuse not to paint. Hope there is another small (BIG) miracle that will cause me to actually do it, now.

5 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

YAY now you can finish that painting of Christ for me ;). No but seriously its so great that you are back into it again. I bet it makes you feel so great.

Askin said...

SMALL MIRACLES by Askin Ozcan
ISBN 1598001000 Outskirts Press
Thirty stunning miraculous incidents from the author's own life in different countries.
http://www.outskirtspress.com

Stacey said...

That's great Corilee. :)

Flee said...

SORRY! It's my fault you got woken up by that call. But, I guess if it lead to happy results it's ok then. Still, sorry about that. I had my cell on vibrate and couldn't hear it ringing over and over again. Dave tried calling me 34 times before he called your house. oops.

ems said...

I always love talking with you when you've taken your ambien, it's such a treat!

Hope you'll start going to bed so you won't be so tired.