Friday, September 4, 2009

Feeling Better... Life is Good

So, things are smoothing out in the family since I my last post. As my DIL said in her comment "we are family." Sometimes I forget that we are hoping to be "forever families." I am not crying in my heart anymore. I know in my original family we've had times that were upsetting but they also smoothed out over the years and we are stronger for it. "This too shall pass..."

Reporting back on the two goals I set after Education Week, they are progressing well. I have 68 things on my 100 goals list. After considering them, I realize I have to reach one goal, first, before I will have the strength to do some of the others. The goal that needs to come first is losing a significant amount of weight (before I tour Israel or go on a Church history tour) I have set that goal to take several years to attain. It is not something I want to do in a year or two and then gain it all back again. That has happened too many times. This time will be different in that the weight will come off slowly. Last year I lost 20 lbs. At that rate it will take me six years to lose enough to reach that particular goal.

When writing my goals I didn't factor in the fact that I am 61 years old and that 10 years for me will be different, now, than they would have been if I were only 35 or 40. Maybe some of the goals I've written will be filled on the "other side" if I don't live 10 more years. But then I've said for several years now that I want to die when I'm 72. Maybe the Lord will take me at my word and let me live that long. If so, then I will have one more year than necessary. 100 goals add up to a lot of things to do even in ten years time, but then what is 10 years to the Lord? Since He is on my side, all things are possible. Right? Right.

The goal of getting up at 5:00 a.m. is working better than I thought. When I made that goal I didn't specify what I would do in those early morning hours, just that I would get up at that time. I find that I am getting a lot more done in a day than I ever dreamed. Usually I study my scriptures,write in my journal and have a meaningful prayer but since I haven't specified how I will use that time it is a pleasurable choice rather than a "have to." I also enjoy the unhurried time getting dressed and ready for the day.

I do have days when I am tired so I rest or even sleep for a while in the late morning or afternoon but I have maintained my goal, so far, through the grace of God. His grace is the key element in my success.

I still have "sleep withdrawal," but there have been days, lately, when I've found I have more energy and am much more alert, and I go the whole day without being tired! It is especially interesting to get up early on a Saturday morning. I haven't gotten over the idea of "sleeping in" that morning, yet, but I expect it to go away as I persevere.

It is still strange getting up early. I've spent too much time writing this entry. I need to go to bed right now!

So.... Sleep tight, everyone.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm glad things are going so well and that you are accomplishing your goals.