Friday, March 6, 2009

Pretty Little Flowers

My dear DIL, Janelle, and son Michael, sent me the sweetest little bouquet of flowers in a cup with a saucer that were decorated with purple pansies. The cup was just packed FULL of tiny roses, daisies, tulips, and chrysanthemums (sp?) with the teeniest sprigs of heather all in pinks and purples. It was given in memory of my Mother who passed away last Saturday. I was so touched. I'll keep that cup and saucer as a memento of Mother and always remember the wonderful woman that she was.

Thank you very much Janelle and please know of my gratitude for all you do and are.

I have finally come to terms with my feelings and sorrows about my Mother's death. No more tears now, just the precious memory of her life and love. And also the knowledge of her JOY at being released from the cares and sorrows of this life and being reunited with my dear Father and Stephen.

Seeing how she arranged her funeral has made me reconsider mine. I have decided to have ALL my children and their spouses take a part on the program. That will mean many more speakers than I had originally planned, but if ALL my children wanted to speak, if they spoke for only 5 minutes each, it would only be 45 minutes long. And if some of them didn't want to speak they could read the obituary, say the family prayer or dedicate the grave. I would like Daniel and Steve to say the opening and closing prayers. I would like all my children to take some part of the program. I am so proud of each of my children I would like them all to shine. Besides, I am going to want to hear what each of them have to say at my passing. (I hope it will be my good points and not my bad ones, please) I hope someone will say something about the Plan of Salvation and life after death. (The Church has said that funerals are a time to preach the gospel, so keep that in mind when you write your talks, kids)

I would like all the daughters and DILs to sing "Come Unto Him" from the hymn book (and yes, that means YOU Stacey.... you can mouth the words or speak them softly if nothing else.) I want you all to choose an opening hymn, and I do want someone to sing "Oh, Devine Redeemer." ( If not Jarrin Stevens then one or more of the girls.)

All that should only take about an hour and fifteen or twenty minutes at the most and people can sit for that long with out that much of a problem. I can't remember what song I choose for the closing song but off the top of my head I'm thinking "How Firm a Foundation" or "The Spirit of God."

Geez, I sound like a dictator or at least someone who is very bossy. Sorry about that but how else do I say what I want at my funeral? I may get around to writing my obituary like my mother but if not I would like it to say something about how much I loved being a Mother to my children and how they were my pride and joy. Also, I would like it to say something about how good of a husband I had and how grateful I was for his love.

That's all for now.

Love to you all,

Mither

8 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Corilee, I would love to sing. Just letting you know I will be singing from heaven though. I am going to pass on before anyone. So plan on dying at an old age :D.
I hope people will say nice things about me too. And I would love to speak also. I am not much of a person of graceful writting but I do love to express my feelings for one.
Love ya and you know you really shouldnt talk about death so much. :D
Hey maybe I will put that in my talk. Like "Corilee was a great mother and grandmother. She made sure we got this funeral right by telling us exactly what she wanted when and how. SHe also let us know that she wants to pass at a certian age." There that is one snippit ;D

Stacey said...

Sheesh,I feel like a huge slacker now because Adam and I didn't get you anything. :(

Wow,I must sing really bad if you only want me to mouth the words! ;)

I'm glad you are doing well in dealing with Grandma's death.

Corilee said...

Stacey, you crack me up! I just know you never have agreed to sing with the girls at anyother time so I was just trying to let you know that no matter what, I want you up there with everyone else. Would you agree to a solo? ;)

Don't feel bad that you didn't get me anything. You were there and I noticed your tears... that was what was most important to me.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was perusing the flowers and when I saw that arrangement it just looked like you (well, it didn't have dark hair, but you know what I mean :P )
I actually was just getting on here to ask you a question:
did your mother and dad have "a song"? or something in particular that she like? I was wanting some song that is very "her". Glad things are looking up!
Michael is wondering, though -- when will the notes for the talks at you funeral be available? ;)

Unknown said...

"that she like" LOL I'm type good :P

Corilee said...

Karla Dear,

I meant any of MY 9 children to speak. I would love to have you speak if there were not so many of my own children but as it is, I think it would bw a bit much if both MY children and the in-laws spoke. That's why I would llike you to sing with my daughters. But I sure wouldn't mind if you wrote a talk NOW and let me read it.

Of course I was kidding about Stacey singing a solo, too. I hope neither of you got your feelings hurt.

Your card was especially nice too. Tamera, Daniel's Mother sent me one and the Relief Society also sent one which was totally unexpected.

(Stacey, now don't you feel like a slacker. I know you felt sorry that Mother died and that was enough. These othets just really surprised me. That's all so its all good.)

Love to you both,

Mither

Stacey said...

No my feelings weren't hurt at all. I knew what you were meant.

Stacey said...

I could sing a solo,but then people would be crying for the wrong reasons. :P