Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Been Awhile

So I noticed on someone else's blog that I hadn't written for over a week. Well not much has happened. I've been sick with fibro. again so I've been trying to rest for the last two weeks. It's been very boring, but I have made a dent in my bedroom and closet ( getting rid of old clothes I no longer wear) and cleaning off my dresser, getting the toys taken downstairs in the closet in the family room, and generally picking things up and putting them where they g0. I've done these thing little at a time (literally a few minutes at a time, say three to five minutes and no longer) it's taken me several days to do it but I feel satisfied that at least progress has been made. I'm going to clean out my linen closet today and get my night stand cleaned off. I know that sounds like such a little goal but that is about the limit that I can reasonably get done and not cause another bad breakout of fibro. again.

I did do some shopping at Dahle's twice in the last two weeks and really aggravated my fibro (because It takes me a long time to shop because I have to try on ten or twelve items to find only four or five that fit.) Any way I went overboard and bought summer and winter clothes that will last me for the next five years or so. You know how they tell us to buy food storage.... well I've now got my clothes storage.

I couldn't resist. Dahle's is going out of business and that is honestly the ONLY place I have been able to find that has clothes that look good on me. I got outfits at prices to good to be true, some of them up to 75% off others at least 30% off after being marked down two or three times before that. I don't know what I'm going to do when these clothes wear out.

It has been nice to have some of my children and their spouses come over and visit while I've been so sick. Jan, Jenn, Emilee, and Jonathan have come with their families. Jonathan came to give me a blessing and so did David. I had one blessing just after Mother died by David and Dad and one about a week later by Jonathan and Dad. It turns out that I had clogged sinuses which I had thought was just another manifestation of the fibro. I had a severe headache along with feeling really, REALLY sick. Immediately after receiving the blessing my headache stopped and my sinuses began to drain. I had a runny nose for about fifteen minutes straight.

The blessings really helped me get through Mother's death and the funeral and then the days after all that. I have been mourning my Mother's death and find I really miss her. I can imagine how she felt when my Father died. I am so happy for her but sad for me. I'm so glad I know I'll see her again.

It's interesting that the second blessing healed me of the sinus trouble and headache but not the fibro. It did warn me to be careful to know my limitations and not go beyond them. I guess that was the Lord's way of saying that the fibro. would still affect me and I would still have to be careful of what I did and how long I was up every day.

That's all for now, I guess. I wish I had more interesting things to write about.

Oh well, Happy Day to all,

Lub-lubs, Mither

1 comment:

nora.lakehurst said...

thanks for posting. I wish we lived closer to both of our parents. then I can visit you more often. It seems that I am only able to see you guys once or twice a month. Ah well such is life. I hope you get better soon.