Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What a great day

I spent the morning at the MTC working with the missionaries which is always a spiritually uplifting experience. This afternoon I spent two and a half hours working on a full wall sized mural for a woman in our ward. It is a whimsical forest with fairies for her little girl's bedroom. This project will take several days to do but I love the picture and am excited to get started. Then I spent two luxurious hours resting and listening to last April's Conference on my ipod with the earphones. I sounds like I'm right there. I love it.
Tonight I will start working on Janice's baby girl's blessing dress. No.... Janice isn't pregnant or married yet but we are planning for the possible future and doing the dress now so I won't be too old to see to do it when the happy event happens. I bought a new Singer sewing machine last week and can hardly wait to use it. Emilee is coming over tonight to get my 40 year old Singer (one of the best machines they ever made - it should last through the Millennium) She wanted to learn to sew better and I felt guilty keeping both machines even though I like some of the features on the old machine better. But the new machine can do several things more and better than the old one. So.... on to newer and better things

1 comment:

ems said...

I didn't quite understand, are you painting the wall for your friend?

BTW thanks for sewing machine! I'm excited to try it. Better get started on the Halloween costumes.