Tuesday, September 30, 2008

AAARRRGGG!!!

I can't get in to comment on ANY ONE'S blog. I loved everything everyone said. Maybe I can respond here and you will all get it when you read my blog, so here goes:

Emilee, it does get better. When they're about 10 or so you can teach the kids to do their own laundry

Flee, don't be sad. She will get better and now you know what staff looks like so in the future you will know it when you see it. So this experience will be for your good,

Karla, I loved your recap. I can use it until; the November Ensign comes out, Thanks.

Michelle, YEA! for honesty. I pays to keep rhe commandment in more way than one.

Stace, You hit the nail on the head. This was a bad day for the little people. They lost over a
TRILLION dollars in investment and retirement funds and also many 401k's were affected. And now for a long time people won't be able to get loans to buy houses, cars, your credit limits on any credit cards will be frozen at whatever you now owe, jobs will be lost small business loans will dry up. It's a bad deal all around. It will be a miracle if we don't go into a depression for the next 5-7 years.and that's the good bad news. If they come up with a bill on Thursday it will help but it will be too late to stop the credit freeze unless congress comes up with a bill that preserves a free market (capitalist) economy and even then the government will have to insure wall street loans. Again it could lead to the collapse of the government and that is the worst case scenario.

Just to give you an idea what a TRILLION dollars is, think in terms of seconds as an analogy. a MILLION seconds is 12 days, A BILLION seconds is 32 years, and a TRILLION seconds is 32,000 years.

The best thing the little people can do is get a years supply of food, buy clothes and shoes for your kids in the sizes they will need for the next several years (DI would be an option if you are short on money) and get out of debt. And then trust in the Lord that he will see you through because he will know you have done all you could do.

Good news! I'm not wigging out about this. We are so fortunate that we got our retirement out of our IRA and put it in our savings. More bad news, Inflation over the next ten years may make it almost impossible to support ourselves for very long when Joe retires. He may not be ABLE to retire in that case.

More good news! I am thankful that I have been bless to have had such a good life up to now and except for retirement we are out of debt and well prepared for what is coming.

Oh, and my fingernails are still long :)

6 comments:

Steve and Chelle said...

yay for long nails!

and really, what an optimistic post! can't help but feel good after reading it!! :) hee hee, just kidding! at least you're prepared! Thats always good!

I'll come down later and see if I can fix the whole not commenting thing. thats wierd.

and to everyone- see, I'm not the only one who posts in the middle of the night! :)

nora.lakehurst said...

YAY for long nails too! Seth is so bad ab out eating himself. He get so down that it starts to crack and bleed.

I am not worried about anything worldly. Yes I know I should be but as long as I am doing what is right. Following and keeping up on my duties as a church member that the Lord will bless our small family. We dont have alot of food storage because we have been slackers. But if it comes down to it. My mom said we could go "shopping" in her food storage if it came down to it.
We have lots of family willing and ready to help and I too am ready and willing if it so be that I have to house a family for a while in my unfinished basement then I will do so with a happy and helping heart.
I love all of you and I hope that you will all take into consideration that the Lord does love us.

nora.lakehurst said...

YAY it worked!!!!!!!!!!! Go you.

ems said...

Mither, you posted on my site twice, so I guess you figured it out!

So, basically you're saying that Daniel and I are totally out of luck with the rental center loan eh? Wow, thanks for making my day! :)

Flee said...

I'm glad that your nails are still long! you are adorable! here, here! to getting out of debt! We have no more credit card debt! It has been paid off as of a month ago! WOO HOO! Now, we just have to get the car paid off and another thing and we are done! YAY! We are getting so close I can taste the freedome that comes with it!

Bob said...

Wow! Look who I found! Figured you and Joe would be discussing the American financial concerns- who isn't! I have been angry, really angry, for the last couple of weeks so I don't watch as much tv now. I have gotten pretty good at sending barbed emails to my congressmen/ women. What's with all the pork when they are so concerned about our economy. Bunk! on a brighter note...hmm... Cora's got a new baby girl, kids are doing good, bob's finished training on a new airplane and will be home tomorrow and yes, I feel immensely blessed! Doris