Wednesday, November 4, 2009

This and that, "that" being the holidays

November!!! I can't believe the year has passed so fast. I have lost another 5 lbs through my OA group and doing the 12 steps. (Who would have ever thought doing a spiritual program would be the the key to my success?) Half of my grandchildren started Kindergarten (not really, but it seemed that way.... several of them actually did, though,)

When it snowed last week I had the Christmas Spirit sweep over me. I was ready to put my tree up and start the whole holiday thing going.

Halloween was fun this year. We had some fantastic costumes in our family. One Daughter-in-law had the hottest witch costume. She looked fantastic in it. And three little girl, ages 4, 6, and 7 (my son Michael's daughters) all had matching replicas of the BYU cheerleaders uniforms. They were adorable!!!

I look forward to Thanksgiving. We have such a large group of family for dinner that I can hardly hear myself think. It is fun though.

But Christmas is the best of all. We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and start Christmas music that day. Having a huge breakfast on Christmas morning has become a tradition. It's all so fun and special and spiritual.. I really hope we get to go see the lights on Temple Square. If Joe doesn't want to go again this year, I'll just have to go with the girls.

Anyway, fun times ahead, for this year at least.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Mom, the lights will be up when you go to the Christmas concert, so maybe you can walk around a little either before or after you go. But, you are always welcome to come whenever we go! Lubs, Jenn

nora.lakehurst said...

How fun. And yes Stacey Looked HOT in her little witches costume didnt she. I am so glad for your weight loss. I am hoping to lose some myself but we will see.

Dave said...

congrats on the weight loss. i am very jealous of your snow, but i certainly won't complain about the beautiful weather we've been having :-)

i only saw a handful of your grandkids' costumes, but ones i saw were quite adorable :-)

Flee said...

I love the holidays too! I wake up all snuggly in our bed and wish for snow outside my window (because of the white light coming in our window) but it never is snow. just sun. We're going to have a white Christmas though! We are going to Michigan! YAY!

Unknown said...

I admit, I'm loving the 50-60 degree weather, but I am starting to think towards Christmas. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!
As a reminder -- we're at my family's house for Thanksgiving dinner this year. We'll come by to visit you later in the day for pie (and hope that Pops has a puzzle ;))
We'll come by later on Christmas morning too. With the kids getting older we really need the morning time at home having family time. We'll be there christmas eve though, I'm sure.

ems said...

I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS TOO! Maybe this year we should put up your tree before Thanksgiving. That might be a little easier since we are always doing our own trees afterward. Just a thought.