Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And the answer is.....

I am going to accept the call to the Employment Resources Center in American Fork. As I thought about it, I became more and more convinced that this was the place the Lord wanted me to serve. Plus, I asked the Lord if it wasn't His will that I serve this mission, that I would continue to feel the dark unhappy feelings I was feeling just anticipating having to do this mission. Lo and behold, the next day I went to try it out for a month and, what do you know, I felt good that whole day, the dark feeling was gone. But I still wanted to feel really good about it.

Well, I have been feeling really good about it but was still not convinced until talked it over with Joe. In his unfailingly common sense way of stating things he said he thought I had received an answer and that I should go ahead and accept it. Also, I had been thinking that there are no coincidences with the Lord, that those mission papers had not been sent to the employment center by accident. I also thought of the song that says "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, I'll be what you want me to be."

Where was my faith in all this? It was that the Lord would give me an answer. My problem was that when the answer came I was still so unsure of my qualifications for this mission that I almost missed it. I had little faith in my abilities but since then I remembered someones comment that there is nothing too hard for the Lord.

Jonathan came to visit the other day and as we talked of this, he said he read that we should all do something that challenged us every three years or so to keep our brains young so we wouldn't get dementia or Alzheimer's or something like that. The idea was to keep exercising our brains with problems to solve, challenging problems that we think we can't do.

Well this mission will be a challenge for me but I continue to feel good about it. So I told Sis. Jones to go ahead and send in my papers. I still won't get the formal call for a few weeks but I'll continue to work there until it comes.

There is one thing I still hate about it all. I have to wear dresses every day. Still it is a small sacrifice. I'm sure I'll get used to it but I'll be going through a lot of nylons along the way as my heels are so rough that they snag them so badly that they run on the first or second wearing. Oh well, as I said, it is a small price to pay to serve the Lord.

{{{hugs}}}to you all,

Mither

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm glad you accepted the job Corilee. I think it will be really good for you! (even though you have to wear a dress every day) ;)

Good luck!

Flee said...

That's great!

And as for keeping your brain young...

I recommend buying Nintendo DS (Michelle has one, ask her about it.) and get the game Brain Age for it. It has lots of fun games that train your brain to think fast again.

When I first started my brain age was in it's 40's!!! (that's over 15 years older than I am!) Now, my brain age has dropped to 21, 5 years younger than I am. So, WOO HOO!!!

Unknown said...

Pedegg. My heels were SCARY not so long ago. Then I finally just bought myself a pedegg. I had to take the callouses off slowly so the deep cracks I had could heal (ouch!) but give or take a few of the deepest cracks that are still working their way out, my heels are nice now! It is something you have to keep up with every few days or however fast your callouses develop. It's quick and easy (get the kind with a handle) and you do it on DRY heels so you can do it really quickly before putting on your nylons in the morning ;)

ems said...

Good for you!! Way to try something new. You are a very smart person and CAN learn the computer. Good luck