Thursday, June 11, 2009

To Mission or Not to Mission, That is the Question

Today was the first day Sister Jones, the managing director of the employment resource center, asked me to do some of the actual work I would be doing everyday. Wouldn't you know it involved computers. I distinctly said on my missionary form that I was not willing to learn new computer skills (because of my poor memory). I got very nervous but thankfully we got interrupted and I was given other work to do. So far its just been paper pushing, not really that helpful to Sis. Jones.

If I were to go to the employment center for a job, my skills definately wouldn't be in office work. Why can't Sister Jones see this? I think she is just so excited to have some one come, she is overlooking my poor abilities.

She is so bound and determined that I'm sent as a gift from heaven that she got me an official missionary badge, A black one that looks just like the ones the real missionaries wear. And today she talked about what I would be doing two and three months from now. HMMMMM! How can I get her to remember and understand that this thing was supposed to be for a trial of one month!

OK, I can't get the bold to go off so the rest will be in bold, Sorry.

I am missing being on vacation now. Yesterday I spent the whole day watching TV. Yes, I know, a total waste of a whole day! My OA friend said she thought it was a well deserved rest from the many things I been doing for the last several days. Nice thought but I have had pleanty of rest as well lately. At least I'm not beating myself up for it, which I would have done in years past. I found that doing that just paralyzes me and I get nothing done for days at a time. Better one bad day without guilt than two weeks of nothing getting done with huge guilt and paralysis. This friend is a jewel!

Well I'm going back to bed now. I hope I can sleep this time.

Love and Hugs

Mither

3 comments:

Flee said...

Have faith. If the Lord requires you to learn new computer skills for what he needs done, you will learn them. :) Remember, with the Lord all things are possible.

Stacey said...

I agree with Flee. If you are meant to do this,than you will learn what you need to know. Good luck!

So what if you watched tv all day? Some days you just need to veg out. :)

mom gilbert said...

I second what Flee said and until you may learn what is needed on the computer just continue to push the papers coming your way. Computer skills will come one bold B at a time. Look for the nice B at the top of the screen- pust it so it is boldly squared off and your statement will be bold... click on it again and it will look petite... like me!!!!!! I crack myself up with delusions!!!