Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Here I am again, did you miss me?

Still going to twelve step meetings, still losing weight :) =) >) (and so on with the smiley faces) I lost 5 more pounds this last month!!! Yaaaaay Me and God's grace! Just goes to show that we can do anything with the Grace of God ( that is if we really tap into it)

I just have to share a cute story, a thing a little three year old said. We have this biker dude, dark tan, wears tank tops and shorts, who has really long hair in the back that he wears flowing down his back who was at his friends house who is active in the Church. (I forgot to mention that he is a regular at the Church's 12 Step program, tank top, long hair and all) (Sweet man though)

Anyway, when he was leaving his friends house their little girl said "Bye Jesus" Little kids can be so precious!

Any way on to my post.

Not much has happened for the last little while other than that I've started going to Joe's (my brother's) house to do genealogy for the last few weeks on Thursdays. We are going to try to establish a regular habit of this so we can get some names to take to the temple. It shouldn't be too hard since the Church now is recommending that we do our genealogy horizontally instead of vertically. That means instead of trying to extend our lines back as far as we can, we make sure all the aunt, uncles, cousins, their children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and all their spouses and their aunts uncles and cousins, in each generation, get all their Temple work done and so on on each succeeding generation. The point is to get as many families sealed together as possible. That is the point of genealogy and Temple work after all. Wow, talk about inspiration! So many people have got their genealogy back as far as they can go (in the Church) that it has become hard to find many names at all. Anyway, that means we have go a lot of work to do.

Dad and I will be going on a short vacation with Joe and Eileen at the end of the month. We are really looking forward to this. It is so much fun to go with them. We are going to St. George and Los Vegas. Joe says there are all kinds of fun things to do there other than gamble. They are going to show us around. I only Hope I can keep up. Uncle Joe says he can't go very fast himself so I should be all right.

We are looking forward to our annual Memorial Day cookout. I hope everyone is planning on coming. We will have all kinds of fun water things to do and maybe even Daniel's Special Olympics games. We plan on starting at noon so it doesn't get so cold before the kids have had time to play very long. I'll be sending out an email about it so watch for it.

Well, that all for now, folks ( guess you are all to young to remember that phrase from TV) Random, huh.

btw, Karla is there some way you could get a hold of Holly and Vaughn to come to our cookout? We would like to invite them (hummmmm I guess I could look them up in the phone book, couldn't I? Well, maybe you could mention it to Holly in case I forget and have her call me. Thanks.

Love to all,

Mither

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome!

That is such a cute story about the little kid! Love it!!

Your vacation sounds like fun!

nora.lakehurst said...

NOt a problem I shall contact them.

Angela said...

Hi, Aunt Corilee! I just wanted to let you know that I decided to make our blog private, so please send me your email address and I'll add you. Send it to me at angelalongman@yahoo.com. Hope things are going well for you!!

Holly said...

Hey, Aunt Corilee, that is great about your weight loss! I think I need to talk to you about the 12 step program. While we lived in PA I went to an Overeaters Annonymous meeting a couple of times so I get the gist. I just need to do something! This weight problem is a huge weakness for me and I am ready for God to help me turn it into a strength!

Thanks again for inviting us to your Memorial Day Ativity! (I hope you got my email.) It sounds like it will be lots of fun! It was super nice of you to think to include us!