Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm Back Again

I know, it's been a long time since I've written. But when I do write, I write alot.

So, alot has happened since I last wrote. I've finally gotten a sponsor, ( after 10 years in the OA 12 step program) I'm writing every day, making phone calls every week, reading the literature, (especially the AA Big Book) every day, I've been abstinent for 10 days (I know, not very many days yet but it's a good start) and I have a really good plan of eating that I am sticking to. That's all a big deal in the program. But the program isn't about the food and all that. It's about getting on the right foot spiritually, with Heavenly Father. I'm so excited about it. I expect to see a dramatic weight loss over the next few months and year. It should be much greater than the 15 lbs. I lost last year. Stay tuned in for further updates. I thank Heavenly Father that I'm finally abstinent (means not compulsively eating) and that I'm so much more in touch with Him.

Anyway, another new thing that has happened as a result of my new found relationship with God is that I will be going on another Church Service Mission for the Lord. Wonder of wonders, it will be as a missionary to the church's drug and alcoholic's 12 step program. I will be putting in my papers today and it will be sometime between 2 and 5 weeks before I get my call. I am so happy about this.

The whole mission thing happened after two dreams that lead me to going to my OA meeting that I hadn't been to in a month because I was so sick withe the fibromyalgia. At that meeting I met the perfect sponsor for me. she agreed to sponsor me and then, after about 9 years of not going to any of the Church's 12 step programs, I happened to drop in at the very end of a meeting and met Pat, my long lost 12 step friend. She had been looking for someone to be a partner as a missionary to the program. I jumped at the chance as I had been looking to start another mission (I thought as an investigator at the MTC) but when this opportunity came I knew it was the Lord's will that I go on this 12 step mission.

After praying about it several days, I feel sure that's where the Lord wants me. I was concerned because the fibro. still isn't in control yet but I feel strongly that I am doing the right thing. I have been praying to have the Lord take the fibro., away completely as he said he would do a few weeks ago in a blessing. Actually, the blessing said I could be healed of the fibro. or I could keep it as a way to humble me, it was my choice. I thought at the time that I must have wanted to keep it as it didn't go away, but now I see it would be better to be healed so my mission won't be affected. I would appreciate any prayers in my behalf that I will be healed. Regardless, I will be going on the mission. It would just be easier to do if I didn't have fibro.

Well that''s all for now,

Lub-lubs and cyber hugs {{{hug}}} to all

3 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Thanks for being a great example to all of us. It has been a great joy to have you as a MIL. Thanks for the example to trust in the lord to take away so many trials as long as we have the faith. Thanks

Flee said...

That sounds great! Service, I feel, is the greatest thing! It helps me to get out of myself and my problems and to help others. Then, it seems when I turn back to my problems, they aren't nearly as bad as I remember them, or they have fixed "themselves." (My guess, it's with the help of the Lord.)

Enjoy the service!

ems said...

Good for you, Mither! Best of luck and I'll pray for you with the fibro situation. Hopefully, you will be healed.