Thursday, April 16, 2009

12 Step Meetings

So, I've been attending the LDS 12 step meetings for several days now and am impressed with the people that come. They are so ready to give up their addictions but also very vulnerable. They have such a strong desire to repent and get on with their lives. Some of them will relapse and not come for a time but they usually come back after a few months. It has been good to see several old timers who were there 10 years ago when I was going to the LDS meetings. It makes me realize that those who keep going to meetings achieve the greatest recovery.

I am also excited about the new literature they are working on. They have one that tells how to get a support person (a sponsor in regular 12 step meetings) that is going to be very helpful. They didn't encourage sponsors 10 years ago but now I think they see that without a "support person" people didn't quite get the help the needed.

I can't wait to get my mission call so I can get started.

{{{hugs}}}

Mither

5 comments:

Flee said...

How great to have something to be so excited about! I'm so happy for you!

Steve and Chelle said...

Yay for you! I'm sure people appreciate your help there!

ems said...

That's great mither! I hope your call wil come soon so you can get started!

lub-lubs!

Stacey said...

That is great news Corilee!

Holly said...

Thank you, Aunt Corilee, for the kind words you posted on my blog. I really appreciated them. Of course you would understand. You've been there! You are just further along on this journey of life. I have often looked to you as an example of someone who has successfully done what I am now trying to do.
I am excited for you about your mission call. How neat! I will check back again so I know when you get it.