Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good News Twice Over

I got to see and hold Emilee and Dan's new baby moments after she was born. I was somewhat frustrated because, through a series of misunderstandings on my part I had to finish eating my dinner in Emilee's room while everyone else got to hold and take pictures of the baby. Not only was I frustrated, I was embarrassed and uncomfortable.

Hmmm. It just occurred to me that I could have finished in the cafeteria and then gone up to the room. Didn't even cross my mind at the time. Now I feel foolish on top of feeling frustrated, embarrassed and uncomfortable. Oh well, The baby is darling but I don't want to steal any of Emilee's thunder by describing her or giving her name.

Good news.... Not as good as Emilee's but right up there with Christmas presents. You might have guessed from my reference to Christmas that I got to weigh again yesterday. Seven more lbs lost for a total of 77 lbs. Good news, again. I need to go to DI to buy new (used) clothes for work and more pants for everyday wear. This is getting more and more fun as I go. It's still hard to find pants that fit right. Always too big in the waist if they fit my hips. But the hips are smaller by 11 inches.

Can't help being THRILLED that Heavenly Father is doing the really hard part - the discipline. I needed the structure and the discipline this program calls for. The structure is the diet itself, and again, the discipline by Heavenly Father. There is no way I would have been successful on my own. I would have lasted 3 or 4 days and then lost enthusiasm and given up as I have done so many times before. (to say nothing of the fact that I wouldn't have been able to gag down all the vegetables that I really enjoy now - have enjoyed from day one.

Hey that's another thing that Heavenly Father is doing for me. Will miracles never cease, in my life? I think not! There is another one starting in my life right now. I'll let you guess. It may become obvious over the next few months. I should give a prize for the first one that guesses. Hmmm. I'll ponder on that one.


Melissa was aghast when she asked if this was the diet for the rest of my life and I intimated it was. But the truth is, it's only for today. I can do for 16 hours what would appall me if I thought I had to do it for the rest of my life. And that's the truth.

The best part about it all is that I've learned that God will do for me what I could never do for myself. All I had to do was ask. The asking was easy. So is all the rest.

Well it's 10 to 1:00 and my alarm is set for 5:00. Hope I can finally sleep.

Loves,

Mither

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Is there another baby coming? Or you are going to start exercising soon.

nora.lakehurst said...

oh that sounded mean. I meant that in a good way Corilee. Because of your flair ups its hard for you to do so. There now I feel better.

Unknown said...

is the new dose of ambien helping? How fun to be there to see Emilee's baby! I don't know how soon we'll even get to see her, since we have a busy weekend and no idea how next week will play out yet. I'm sure nobody else cared one bit that you were there to hear and see them all croon over the new baby while you were eating. I bet most won't even remember it. I know if I was there I would have had tunnel vision on the baby!

ems said...

Mither, I can't believe you felt bad about eating! Didn't you see me chowing down on my grilled cheese and shake like there was no tomorrow? Anyway, I'm glad you were there with us. I hope you won't feel embarrassed any more. Lubs!