Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Hospital / Christmas Day

Bowel obstructions are incredibly painful and four days in the hospital not much fun either. At least I didn't have to have surgery so all is well.

Christmas Day means that I lost weight again this month. 14 lbs.!!! for a total of FIFTY POUNDS lost in four months. I have such good food to eat and am more than full after each meal. Giving up anything made with any kind of flour is the hardest part but well worth it to lose so much weight. If I didn't know I was on such a healthy diet I would think it was dangerous. I know I've said that before but it is true. Bring on the vegetables and proteins! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear ya on the hospital stay and on the bowel obstruction thing. It happens to me not infrequently. Ouch. Well, not so frequently any more. I've been making lots of changes to prevent more of those.
It's too bad we were in different hospitals. I was up and walking circles on the surgical floor in Provo while you were chillin in AF. Oh, and I'd love to borrow the wheat bread book. I've been leaning our dietary style to Traditional Foods and sourdough is a much healthier way to handle grain, but I'm always up for more information and tips! We easily finished off the loaves I made the other day even though they were 100% whole wheat. In fact, the girls were complaining when we ran out! So I have another "starter" going and hope to make another few loaves tomorrow. With all our other changes hopefully grains won't be such a problem.

Stacey said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Flee said...

Congrats on the loss of 50lbs! That's awesome!

Stephanie said...

Hospital: Boo!
Christmas Day: Yay!

ems said...

You are doing incredibly with your CEA-HOW program! Way to go for you. I hope it is not the cause of you hospitalization. Keep up the good work