Tuesday, March 6, 2012

On The Mend

I got home from the hospital today and am amazed at how well I'm doing. This recovery is light-years ahead of what I experienced with my other hip surgery. I am able to get around by myself on my walker or a cane and it's only been a week since the surgery. I am still on pain medication and need help with meals but Joe has arranged to work from home for the remainder of this week and next week I will have help from the ward with meals. Other than that it's only a matter of time-waiting to heal completely-until I am back to normal. I will probably be back to my mission by the first week in April or so.
I have been reading an excellent book on mentoring and working on my goals and affirmations for the last few days while I was in the hospital. I will be developing my website for my art class over the next two weeks and continuing organizing HOPE which will keep me busy while I recuperate.
Now I need to write on my art blog and then go back to bed as sitting up too long wears me out and causes the pain to get worse.
Cheers!

No comments: