Thursday, January 14, 2010

OUCH!

Tuesday morning I was taking Chloe to the Vet when, as I went from the house to the garage, I fell from the step down to the landing and then the whole way down the rest of the steps and ended up on the floor of the garage. I sprained my foot and have various large bruises all over my body. I was in pain all over my body yesterday as well, and am somewhat better now but I still have trouble walking. I am curtailing my activities for the rest of the week while I heal.

This is the second time I've fallen down those steps. Last time I sprained both my ankles, so at least this time I wasn't as badly hurt. But my body doesn't seem to know that. It still hurts as bad as it did then. I seem to fall more than the average person. I guess I am just clumsy. +)
Oh well, wish me well. I am starting a new 12 step program tomorrow to help me lose weight. I haven't been successful in the long run in OA and wanted to step up my program. I guess the Lord knew I needed something else and brought this into my life.
Happy day, everyone! :)

4 comments:

Dave said...

bum.mer.

sorry about the pain, but i'm glad you didn't get hurt worse :-)

Holly said...

I am sorry to hear you fell and got hurt. I hope you heal quickly.

Stephanie said...

My goodness, I hope you feel better soon. (Maybe you need a stair rail or a little padding on those steps.) :)

ems said...

So sorry you fell! Hope your feeling better. I guess at least you didn't sprain both ankles this time. There's your silver lining.

Sounds like the new 12 step program should work well. Hope it works out for you!