Monday, October 19, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

I have been so sick this last weekend. I've had a bad cough for the last two weeks which the doctor at the Insta-Care said was just a virus, that I was no longer contagious and that the cough could last until MAY or so. So I've been bearing with it as well as I could and just hoping it would not take that long to get over. Then all of a sudden Friday night I started coughing all through the night, I hardly got any sleep at all and finally went in on the couch so at least Joe could sleep. By Saturday I knew I was really sick. I had chills (shaking so hard I couldn't pour my orange juice without spilling it all over.) muscle aches, head ache, runny nose, a temperature, you know all the classic signs of the flu.

I finally got in to see the doctor this morning, He said I had swine flu or h1n1 as they are calling it now. He said I was contagious for three days before the symptoms showed up and will be contagious for nine days after. So basically he said I should hibernate for the next week.

I am so embarrassed about going to work Friday morning. Sister Jones has been adamant that we keep wiping down the whole office with sanitary wipes so that no one gets sick and here I bring it in without knowing it.

Dr. Brown gave me a strong cough suppressant as a liquid and one in little gold pearls, as well. He said the cough should go away but just because I feel better doesn't mean I'm not contagious. He said this flu isn't spread by contact with something we touch but that it is spread in the little droplets of water we spray into the room when we cough.

So as much as we love having you visit, it would be best that none of you come until next Sunday or Monday.

Thankfully the worst of it seems to be over. I just feel wiped out. I did get a blessing yesterday that said I would get better in a matter of hours. That was last night and this morning I felt much better.

Love to all, Mither

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm sorry you're so sick. The flu is miserable. :(

So far no one in our family has caught any sickies. *knock wood*

Jenn said...

I'm sorry you're so sick! What a bummer. I really wanted to come see you this week and catch up, but I am so busy at work right now that I can't risk getting sick. I'm glad you are starting to feel better though! I'll have to call you and see how you are doing. I'll be praying for you!

nora.lakehurst said...

So I guess we cant have the family party this weekend then. Unless everyone wants to come here or to someone elses home. Anyway get better soon.

ems said...

Yikes! So sorry you got the dreaded swine flu. Guess it's a good thing it isn't killing too many! :) Glad your feeling better.

By the way, you commented in a post of mine that you have thought of stopping by on your way home, but you felt like you'd be imposing. Silly Mither! I would love to have you visit! If it was ever inconvenient to have you come I would let you know, but since I don't have much going on EVER, it would be great to see you. Of course it would be much better if it were after your confinement period was over. :)

Lub-lubs!